Action Figure MAFEX Comic Book Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How anyone could say that toybiz one is better is beyond me. And it goes for like 4x the cost of the Mafex.

what do you think of the debate of the comparison of this version to the favored toybiz version

To be honest, I was never a fan of that Toy Biz figure. It was too skinny and kind of looked like a zombie, imo. Maybe at the time it looked better, but I was never a fan.

As far as the mafex being similar to the toy biz, I can see it when it comes to the dark shading and the fact that people mistakenly called it a Mcfarlane Spidey. The Mafex actually reminds me more of the "official" Mcfarlane Toy Biz Spiderman classics figure from 2000. The one that came with the Amazing Spiderman comic with the Mcfarlane cover. Interestingly, most people called that figure the Mark Bagley figure. It was my favorite comic Spiderman figure until now.

this one

https://www.google.com/search?q=toy...h=626#imgrc=uKzKlRPP1Q61-M:&spf=1551407464219

https://www.google.com/search?q=toy...LPIM:&imgrc=uKzKlRPP1Q61-M:&spf=1551407464219

As far as the Mafex figure goes, it's the best comic Spidey figure I've seen so far. The proportions and the sculpts perfectly capture the 90's art by Bagley, Cambell, Larson and Mcfarlane.

I am surprising people widely nitpicky it because price point. But no one nitpicky mezco Spiderman and mezco not looks as good as Mafex. In fact, mezco Spidey looks awful.

Thanks for sharing all the pics guyver1 and ZE_501!
Figure looks great!

I really hope the quality of this line holds up. I own a handful of Medicom's 1:6 figures and swore I would not buy from them again because of their products breaking over time, so crossing my figures this new Marvel comic 1:12 line can stand the test of time.

Just got it in the mail, didn't take it out but I'm glad the Peter head looks better in hand than in photos. Not fantastic, but it's still not as pasty white as their old figures.

s5as9Qp.jpg

YJZrBIA.jpg

Such a great display piece.

Like a noob I waited till release to buy. Why the heck is it soo expensive? £80 is that the average for UK?

Also are they producing more, because almost everywhere (selling at normal retail price) is sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like a noob I waited till release to buy. Why the heck is it soo expensive? £80 is that the average for UK?

Also are they producing more, because almost everywhere (selling at normal retail price) is sold out.

Just order from HLJ next time, you don't get charged until it ships. It's expensive because it's sold out everywhere and everyone wants it, that's it. They'll probably do another run, they did it for the Homecoming suit.

My Spidey unexpectedly arrived yesterday and, man, this figure is awesome! This is the pose I settled on for now, but there are so many fun options for this guy!

210477dd94f65c8c30d3e27167c53ea1.jpg

0daa585d4d248b8340a414d2559a8ef5.jpg

Was charged by Big Bad Toy Store today for my Spidey preorder. Kind of nervous about the price, but super excited to have this Spiderman in hand!

Was charged by Big Bad Toy Store today for my Spidey preorder. Kind of nervous about the price, but super excited to have this Spiderman in hand!

They're going for even more on eBay so don't worry too much about it if you don't love it.

Back