Action Figure MAFEX Comic Book Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My comic Spidey released, should get it next week ..can’t wait to take pics and post them here :yess:

Saw this in box pic on twitter

:clap

Last edited:
Looks PERFECT. I'm going to have to collect the comic book line now. I love these '90s comic book designs MAFEX is going with in this line.

Took some screen shots from the review

Some twitter pics

A home run !

Hopefully I get mine this week :impatient:

Last edited:
I have this Spidey ordered and currently awaiting payment from AmiAmi for $86.xx shipped. Is that a good price for him? Has someone found him for less than that?

I have this Spidey ordered and currently awaiting payment from AmiAmi for $86.xx shipped. Is that a good price for him? Has someone found him for less than that?

That’s as good of a price as I’ve seen. I also have an order awaiting payment but mine a little more expensive, what shipping did you choose?

That’s as good of a price as I’ve seen. I also have an order awaiting payment but mine a little more expensive, what shipping did you choose?

I initially selected EMS and that is what is included in my $86 price, but ordering from AmiAmi is so weird- you can't change the shipping option without re-submitting the order from them and then they contact you with a new total price? I just want to compare the costs of the different shipping options! If I'm not mistaken, though, EMS is the most expensive shipping option, but I don't know that for sure without jumping through several hoops on AmiAmi's website!

AmiAmi automatically switched my shipping option from EMS to DHL as it was slightly cheaper. Mine arrive today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I initially selected EMS and that is what is included in my $86 price, but ordering from AmiAmi is so weird- you can't change the shipping option without re-submitting the order from them and then they contact you with a new total price? I just want to compare the costs of the different shipping options! If I'm not mistaken, though, EMS is the most expensive shipping option, but I don't know that for sure without jumping through several hoops on AmiAmi's website!

I selected DHL and it was a little more so I resubmitted with EMS and am still awaiting my new total. Glad it’s 86 instead of 91 though. I also am not a fan of the hoops to find shipping costs. Anyways I don’t think I could handle anything slower than EMS for this figure so I’ll stick with it.

It looks like everywhere is sold out now that I can see. It did pop up on Amazon for $88 prime for a very very very short time. Again as far as I know Amiami is the best option currently.

Been quite a while since I got anything in this scale.

Joints are all very smooth, plastic seems a bit flexible and pretty high quality, not gummy or brittle. Nothing feels particularly fragile but of course use due caution.

Lots of dark shading all over, it mutes the metallic blue which is a good thing.

Articulation doesn’t break the flow of the sculpt too badly most of the time, I mean it is what it is, you’re going to see some breaks.

I don’t have any SHF anymore but from what I recall it’s a little bigger and doesn’t have the range of motion a lot of SHF have.

It reminds me heavily of the old Toybiz “McFarlane” aka Campbell Spidey. Just majorly upgraded.

02545276231684da1feb35f94d446ffa.jpg

16c17e45ed40d5669453936d41ff9cfd.jpg

c49ed6fee1172c80772493dd484d85fa.jpg

ef9d561d00ab9a309f19b70d94f64dd1.jpg

Been quite a while since I got anything in this scale.

Joints are all very smooth, plastic seems a bit flexible and pretty high quality, not gummy or brittle. Nothing feels particularly fragile but of course use due caution.

Lots of dark shading all over, it mutes the metallic blue which is a good thing.

Articulation doesn’t break the flow of the sculpt too badly most of the time, I mean it is what it is, you’re going to see some breaks.

I don’t have any SHF anymore but from what I recall it’s a little bigger and doesn’t have the range of motion a lot of SHF have.

It reminds me heavily of the old Toybiz “McFarlane” aka Campbell Spidey. Just majorly upgraded.

02545276231684da1feb35f94d446ffa.jpg

16c17e45ed40d5669453936d41ff9cfd.jpg

c49ed6fee1172c80772493dd484d85fa.jpg

ef9d561d00ab9a309f19b70d94f64dd1.jpg

Nice pics and that’s what I want to hear, that it’s in tune with the old Tb ML ( Mcfarlane, Campbell) Spidey because I posed the heck out of that one :clap

Nice pics and that’s what I want to hear, that it’s in tune with the old Tb ML ( Mcfarlane, Campbell) Spidey because I posed the heck out of that one :clap

Well, he can do pretty much whatever a spider can...

9f8f99d0424c7fe28440dc5a99890b4f.jpg

I haven’t had the old Toybiz one in hand for years and years now, but the more I look at this, the more familiar it seems.

MAFEX must have modeled if directly after that version — not a bad thing.

This figure looks great- thanks for sharing pics, everyone!

I just bought one off of eBay for a total price of $89.60 shipped (coming from Japan). However, eBay is running a promotion right now where you get 6% back in eBay Bucks if you spend $25 or more (or 10% back if you buy something in the eBay app). If you also have eBates, though, you can get 6% back in the Toys and Hobbies category of eBay, so my total after getting all this money back will be $79.44 ($89.60 - $5.37 eBates money back - $4.79 eBay Bucks back).

There are still five available for this seller if anyone else is interested- https://www.ebay.com/itm/392247531049

Also, I was able to see on AmiAmi's website the price differences between all of their available shipping options (at least for me, maybe these amounts would change depending on your country/zip code/etc.).

AmiAmi.jpg

These can be found when viewing the order under the Orders Awaiting Payment heading of My Account. However, the estimated shipping times aren't listed here, you have to view the order under the Modify Existing Orders heading to see those! So, still confusing, but at least this info is available somewhere on their website!

Looks great. If they had shrunken down that old medicom 1/6 comic spidey head based on McFarlane, he would have been perfect.

Back