Mad Max:Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like some gimp grease monkey is the final word on how many are left. :)

And technically, it would be the last of the Pursuit Specials. :monkey3

But I think this movie takes place a few years after Road Warrior.

Like some gimp grease monkey is the final word on how many are left. :)

And technically, it would be the last of the Pursuit Specials. :monkey3

But I think this movie takes place a few years after Road Warrior.

I dunno, I think an MFP mechanic would know if it was the last Interceptor or not. Anyway, my feelings about this are a mixed bag. I want to see Mel back as Max, but I know that won't happen given his cuckoo rants have pretty much blacklisted him (although I think it makes him even more perfect for Max) and I don't want this to suck because I was a huge fan of the flicks, even Thunderdome which I saw a few times in the theatres. Hopefully this will be good and the sequel they're shooting back-to-back will be good as well.

The MFP mechanic says she's the last of the V8s.

The mechanic in Road Warriror says she is the last of the V8 Interceptors.

I've had those flicks memorised since they hit VHS. :lol

I would also like to see Mel back as Max set far beyond the world of Thunderdome, but I think I've seen enough movies with my aged heroes.

I don't think this will be great like the original two, but at least somewhat enjoyable.

The MFP mechanic says she's the last of the V8s.

The mechanic in Road Warriror says she is the last of the V8 Interceptors.

I've had those flicks memorised since they hit VHS. :lol

So then two sources confirming it's the last of its kind. Case rested. :lol :pfft:

I would also like to see Mel back as Max set far beyond the world of Thunderdome, but I think I've seen enough movies with my aged heroes.

I don't think this will be great like the original two, but at least somewhat enjoyable.

I hope so. :(

The opening scenes have Hardy with a bushy beard so its likely its set at least 6 months after Road Warrior, more like 2-3 years judging from George Miller's statements. In that time couldn't he have rebuilt his old V8, he'll have all the tools and fuel and Papagallo's people must've had a supply of food and water that he could use.

The opening scenes have Hardy with a bushy beard so its likely its set at least 6 months after Road Warrior, more like 2-3 years judging from George Miller's statements. In that time couldn't he have rebuilt his old V8, he'll have all the tools and fuel and Papagallo's people must've had a supply of food and water that he could use.

Nah, given he didn't have it in Thunderdome it's a safe bet to assume it was destroyed when it exploded after crashing. His replacement's pretty cool though, and gets way better mileage:

.... And managed to give it a fresh coat of black paint.

Thats the thing if you have another 12-13 years before Thunderdome, theres also 2 more films that could explain no V8 by the time of Thunderdome. The thing is if there was no V8 people would be whining all over the place, its bad enough all the people whinging about Hardy replacing Gibson.

.... And managed to give it a fresh coat of black paint.

Thats the thing if you have another 12-13 years before Thunderdome, theres also 2 more films that could explain no V8 by the time of Thunderdome. The thing is if there was no V8 people would be whining all over the place, its bad enough all the people whinging about Hardy replacing Gibson.

Because Gibson is Max Rockatanski. And honestly, I don't remember any whining about the Interceptor missing from Thunderdome given it was destroyed in Road Warrior.

And honestly, I don't remember any whining about the Interceptor missing from Thunderdome given it was destroyed in Road Warrior.

Yeah thats true..... but then Max did have Ute on a Big Foot style chasis being pulled by a team of camel's.

A neat little fan film. Shows how Max got Dog and the reason for the one shoulder pad. :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phFDAJep1jo[/ame]

I took a serious look at building one some 8 years ago. Back then the car alone would be at least 4 grand to ship to the states and people were asking crazy money for cars to build on.

I took a serious look at building one some 8 years ago. Back then the car alone would be at least 4 grand to ship to the states and people were asking crazy money for cars to build on.

Yup. I toyed with the idea in my mid 20's and once I looked at prices, left it in dreamland. Though, I still think I could get close with a Shelby. :lol

Back