Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Jye though, this didn't feel like a Mad Max film, or should I say it didn't feel like it was apart of the same world the originals were in. It felt more like reboot.

It felt like the chase scene from RW set in the world of BT. Or, as has been said earlier, it's almost a remake of BT.

If you expect Max to be in the driver's seat you'll be disappointed...

1085nxzjpgf.gif

33tmn4l.gif

Going for my second viewing tomorrow and I'm super pumped.

Also in regards to this films continuity:

Spoiler Spoiler:

saw it last night in IMAX 3d. it is flat-out the most batcrap insane movie of the year! and i mean that as a compliment. the cast is brilliant, the action is mind-boggling and every single frame of the visuals is pure art --- simply breathtaking. plus it actually has substance, with a strong feminist slant running through it. some may find the true protagonist of the story a surprise (furiosa not max), and the sheer weirdness of it all may take a period of adjustment, but once you give in to this movie's utter beautiful madness i think you will find it one of the year's most exhilarating experiences.

the thing that's staying with me way after the visual spectacle is what i think miller has managed to slip in under the guise of blockbuster entertainment. miller sucker-punches us with a subversion of the male action hero trope. the whole thing feels like an emasculation of patriarchal power dynamics, and that includes max himself. may not be satisfying at face value for some but i think it's really clever and refreshing. this movie is one of those that comes along once every generation. for better or worse, it is truly one of a kind.

So should I judge this movie as a MM movie or just an action movie with practical car stunts?

TH was as much Max to me as Jake Lloyd/Christensen was Vader. :lol
Was it better than Twilight?...lol

one thing i like about this franchise is they manage to keep the post apocalyptic wasteland consistent.

unlike the terminator verse. lolz

MM budget 400,000
RW budget 4.5 million
BT budget 12 million
FR budget 200 million :lol

That guitar guy has to be one of the dumbest things in any of these movies, I cringed everytime he was on screen. Wasteland with concert speakers that would make Van Halen jealous. :lol

I also lol that even pregnant girls and grandmothers are required to climb onto trucks. It's a MM movie, everyone gets a chance ontop of a tanker. :lol

Immortal Joe's outcome was poorly handled.

It's amazing how the action and character moments from the 4 million RW has much more impact than anything from this.

The cgi shots of Max being whipped around on the front of that car made me want to be transported back to 1982.

Hulk vs Hulkbuster can't exist without cgi, Max in a wasteland can.

Gorgeous scenery, incredible 3D and a wasteland heavy metal concert is what that 200 million gave me.

Yes there were some impressive stunts, yes there were cars the size of my house, but the size of the vehicles is not what made RW a masterpiece.

To sum it up, Max playing with the music toy in RW much more powerful than any of his cgi visions in FR, that's the core of the problem I have with this movie.

Boooo. I left the movie theater saying to myself that I never ever need to see this movie again.

But definately see this in 3D! :lol

Last edited:
I'm taking a 1/2day and am going to see this without my wife... I might get in trouble but I don't want to wait.

Anybody else have to do this and then pretend when you see the film with your wife you have to act surprised? :lol

i havent been this nervous for a box office result in a while.... a long while. the anticipation is killing me

i think the last time i was this worried was with v for vendetta

Just got back and...... It's pretty darn cool. Not perfect, though not much is, but it was fun.

i havent been this nervous for a box office result in a while.... a long while. the anticipation is killing me

i think the last time i was this worried was with v for vendetta

Yup, and you were worried for no reason, since V for Vendetta went on to become the highest grossing film of all time.

Spoiler Spoiler:

MM budget 400,000
RW budget 4.5 million
BT budget 12 million
FR budget 200 million :lol

That guitar guy has to be one of the dumbest things in any of these movies, I cringed everytime he was on screen. Wasteland with concert speakers that would make Van Halen jealous. :lol

I also lol that even pregnant girls and grandmothers are required to climb onto trucks. It's a MM movie, everyone gets a chance ontop of a tanker. :lol

Immortal Joe's outcome was poorly handled.

It's amazing how the action and character moments from the 4 million RW has much more impact than anything from this.

The cgi shots of Max being whipped around on the front of that car made me want to be transported back to 1982.

Hulk vs Hulkbuster can't exist without cgi, Max in a wasteland can.

Gorgeous scenery, incredible 3D and a wasteland heavy metal concert is what that 200 million gave me.

Yes there were some impressive stunts, yes there were cars the size of my house, but the size of the vehicles is not what made RW a masterpiece.

To sum it up, Max playing with the music toy in RW much more powerful than any of his cgi visions in FR, that's the core of the problem I have with this movie.

Boooo. I left the movie theater saying to myself that I never ever need to see this movie again.

But definately see this in 3D! :lol

i think if you watch it 7 more times you might change your mind :)

Back