Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ending is perfect for his character too.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I need a second viewing to really take in all the social commentary and visual imagery. Loved the way Joe represented and exploited religion, and had war and business riding along with him. (Bullet and People Eater)

Well a different take.

pee-wee-herman.jpg

Just came back from seeing this. It was ****ing awesome. Some of the best action sequences I've seen in a long while.

The only thing I didn't really like was when some of the scenes were slightly sped up, especially in the beginning. I got used to the style though. I'll be seeing it again tomorrow.

Just came back from seeing this. It was ****ing awesome. Some of the best action sequences I've seen in a long while.

The only thing I didn't really like was when some of the scenes were slightly sped up, especially in the beginning. I got used to the style though. I'll be seeing it again tomorrow.

Just got back myself...agree 100%

I really love how different Tom Hardy is in every movie. Tommy from Warrior, Eames, Bronson, etc. He's got great range, but unfortunately I didn't feel so attached to his Max. Not because I find Mel superior to him, but I thought there was too much focus on Furiosa. I know Max doesn't talk much, but I felt Furiosa was the main character.

I still loved it for an action movie though. Will see again.

I can't comment on the film yet as I have not seen it but.......feminism? Seriously?
That wank better stay away from Star wars because a few of the lead roles will be women, and that is a good thing I believe!
So am really looking forward to this movie!

Didn't really feel any feminist vibes. Not sure why all these reviews are bringing it up. You had those huge cows being used for lactation. Those brides being used for nothing but reproduction. Those female warriors getting killed brutally left and right. That doesn't really scream empowerment to me.

I thought Furiosa was a great, strong character, not because she was a woman, but because she was written and acted extremely well. Didn't matter what gender she was for me.

I guess because the story involved women 'fighting back' but I didn't have a problem with it. Seems as worthwhile a story as any. And Furiosa is a cool character without it seeming forced and pandering.

Like DiFab said, the characters are strongly written women who've learned to hold their own in the apocalypse.

The only people walking away and thinking this is truly a feminist agenda are insecure as ****.

Back