Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah damn that's a pity you didn't like it. We've gone opposite ways on this and AOU.

Feral kid in RW was 100x more interesting than any character from this movie.

The chases in RW are 100x less busy yet 100x more exciting and interesting than anything from this movie.

Immortal Joe was certainly cool looking and sounding, but that's all he was, Wez from RW was a 100x better vilain than him.

This was Mad Max only because there were car chases and crashes, that is all.

TH was babbling in this movie.

There were some great stunts, but there was also lots of cgi.

They tried hard to create cool characters (blind guy), didn't work.

The wives and that dumb guitar guy, the less said the better.

Last edited:
Cant wait to see this. The last movie I saw in the theater was iron man 3...two years ago.

Cant wait to see this. The last movie I saw in the theater was iron man 3...two years ago.

I'm sorry to hear that, don't let that movie ruin your faith in summer blockbusters. Fury Road was awesome.

I agree with Jye though, this didn't feel like a Mad Max film, or should I say it didn't feel like it was apart of the same world the originals were in. It felt more like reboot.

Nicholas Hoult's character was great. Hardy and Theron were good, I know Max isn't supposed to speak much but 90% of his dialogue you can find in the trailers. I hope he starts to speak a little bit more in the sequels.

I'm sorry to hear that, don't let that movie ruin your faith in summer blockbusters. Fury Road was awesome.

I agree with Jye though, this didn't feel like a Mad Max film, or should I say it didn't feel like it was apart of the same world the originals were in. It felt more like reboot.

Nicholas Hoult's character was great. Hardy and Theron were good, I know Max isn't supposed to speak much but 90% of his dialogue you can find in the trailers. I hope he starts to speak a little bit more in the sequels.

So should I judge this movie as a MM movie or just an action movie with practical car stunts?

TH was as much Max to me as Jake Lloyd/Christensen was Vader. :lol

I know Max isn't supposed to speak much but 90% of his dialogue you can find in the trailers. I hope he starts to speak a little bit more in the sequels.

I like silent heroes. The Driver (Drive 2011), Rambo, Man with No Name, and a few others. Having said that, I really don't see Max when I look at TH.

I loved it, 9/10.

Hardy is no Karl Urban but the movie is bonkers in the best imaginable way. My show was packed. The lobby was packed the way it usually only is for midnight summer blockbusters.

I just don't care about Max in general the way I do about say, Snake Plissken. So him not being an amazing character didn't bother me. Charlize more than made up for it.

Also, in keeping with what you're saying, I totally understand why HT etc. wouldn't touch this.

So should I judge this movie as a MM movie or just an action movie with practical car stunts?

TH was as much Max to me as Jake Lloyd/Christensen was Vader. :lol

To be honest, I thought he did the best with what he had to work with. It wasn't until the last act where started to play a bigger role. I thought he was good though, and the tiny moments where he showed some charisma were great, id rather he make the role his own now instead of trying to channel Mel.

I like silent heroes. The Driver (Drive 2011), Rambo, Man with No Name, and a few others. Having said that, I really don't see Max when I look at TH.

Same here, but I can tell you this right now, those characters you mentioned had a lot more dialogue than Hardy's Max.

This didn't feel like a sequel so much as trying to set up a new series of movies with an intro to Max that was tempered. He could only get more interesting from here which would certainly play as an advantage if they make another. Because I don't think they'll top the action. :lol

Do you think Mel Gibson should have been in the film as Max?

Before the movie, absolutely

Now i'm not so certain. :lol

Yeah, it would've been cool if this movie had an older even more grizzled Mel instead of Bane mumbling.

To be honest, I thought he did the best with what he had to work with. It wasn't until the last act where started to play a bigger role. I thought he was good though, and the tiny moments where he showed some charisma were great, id rather he make the role his own now instead of trying to channel Mel.

What do I know, movie has a 99% RT score. :lol

This didn't feel like a sequel so much as trying to set up a new series of movies with an intro to Max that was tempered. He could only get more interesting from here which would certainly play as an advantage if they make another. Because I don't think they'll top the action. :lol

True, next movie will have a few Priusus vs mopeds.

Back