Mad Max Custom Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey ToyAnxiety,

Any word on when the kit pieces will be available on your site? Ive located most of the bits and pieces but Im hoping you guys are still going to be offering the shotgun/holster, shoulder pad, etc. ???

Hopefully by the end of the week. We had a computer crash, and the only thing holding it up is that the expense sheet on the Max parts is on the computer that crashed. Waiting for the info to be recovered and put on our new computer. The shoulder pad and knee pad were delayed due to losing our local caster. They have already been sent out to another caster, so hopefully it won't be much longer before those are ready too. The dog will probably be sent out next week for casting, so a bit longer on that.

BTW, Whats everyone else planning on using for Max's outfit (Jacket/pants)? Ive been shoppin around, and have seen a few interesting sets, but the prices are kinda mindblowing. I'd be interested in hearing what my fellow freaks are plannin on using.

OK, I have 6 complete kits available. As stated previously, these kits are available to anyone who has purchased the Wastelander head or intends to do so with this kit. If you qualify per these terms, PM me and I’ll get you hooked up and will let you know the price in my reply. First come first served, no holds. I apologize that there are not more complete kits, but with supplier shortages on a few components, and losing my local caster, this is as many as I was able to complete for now. If you do not want or qualify for a complete kit, details on individual parts will be posted in another post following this one.

The complete kit includes:
4 Gas Cans with pole, rags to stuff in spouts, and separate handles for each can.
Modified Shotgun with 2 shells
Shotgun leg holster
Belt and shoulder strap
Dinki Di Can with Label
Leg Brace

picture.php

You will receive the items as you see them in the picture, and some parts will need to be painted and/or assembled. Resin items may need mild sanding and/or puttying. Note, the shotgun shells, and all the nuts & bolts for the brace are included, just not in the picture. Also, the bolts once assembled will need to be clipped, so you’ll need a tool capable of doing so.

The Shoulder Pad and Knee Pad are not included with this kit due to delays, but both items are currently being cast by board member Lopie, so rest assured they’ll be available soon. You’ll be able to purchase them separately on our site when the time comes. Thank you all for your patience, and I can’t wait to see your completed figures!

Lookin' cool. I'lll be ordering some of that stuff in the very near future. Definitely looking forward to the shoulder pad too. ALSO what did you guys use for the tiny little rivets on the holster?? Thanks.

Soooo what do you guys think is the best option for the leather jacket/pants? Ive got a set that Im looking at, but i haven't bitten the bullet and bought them yet. What do you guys think??

Sorry man, I am not sure either. I think the sideshow T2 biker outfit is suppose to be pretty good because it's slim.

I have the Sideshow original Terminator 2 black biker outfit for their T-800. I am going to use it for my custom Max. But I would have to put it on a Sideshow Buck or a Prometheus body. It is true that the outfit is made for a "tall" 1:6 scale figure body. I know Mel Gibson is a tall guy. I just hope that a Sideshow body will work good for my Max custom.

Mel Gibson is not that tall, I think he is only 5' 8" . He is after all a "crafty little man"

Yeah, exactly, I dont want to make Max look, like, too tall. This kinda thing is always a problem when doing a custom, finding the right size body.

Hey toy-anxiety, what did you guys use for the tiny rivets on the holster?? Im interested because I could use those little suckers on this project! Let me know, Thanks.

Mel Gibson is not that tall, I think he is only 5' 8" . He is after all a "crafty little man"

Okay, my mistake. But still I have the SS Terminator 2 leather biker outfit, and it's made for a taller body like the one Sideshow used for Arnold. So if I stay with this outfit, then I will have to taper it down in some way to make it work for a shorter body. That is going to be "fun". :horror

the rivets are just little sewing pin needles...they are glued in and had the excess trimmed off

Back