Mad Max 4 Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could remember the car advert here in the UK from a few months ago but the main actor looked exactly like a young Mel Gibson!

He was meant to be like a spy for a new car company... I really wish I could remember but he looked exactly like the original Mad Max!

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

I'm with Elvis, no way to top Road Warrior, and replacing Mel but still going with sequels is just stupid. Reboot it, or better yet, leave it alone and call it something new.

Where did this retarded idea come from that you can take any non related, new idea, call it something old and familiar, and that makes it official.

Is Coca Cola going to sell lunch meat instead of soda when I'm 40?

Thank goodness that the people who are making the movies don't feel this way. Otherwise a star growing out of a part or passing away would end the possibility of the storyline continuing.

Imagine if the 007 films had stopped after Sean Connery.

And I think ANYBODY would be better than Mel was in the 2nd and 3rd films.

My biggest complaints about sequels are that they are so often lousy continuations of the stories.

Imagine if the 007 films had stopped after Sean Connery.

I'd be fine with that, those are the only ones I still watch. And Craigs stuff is ok but thats a reboot. Not a continuation. Lets look at some of those.

AVP, AVP2, Terminator 3, Superman Returns, SW Prequels, Batman and Robin, I could do without them too.

Last edited:
I'd be fine with that, those are the only ones I still watch. And Craigs stuff is ok but thats a reboot. Not a continuation. Lets look at some of those.

AVP, AVP2, Terminator 3, Superman Returns, SW Prequels, Batman and Robin, I could do without them too.

Like I said...I am glad that attitude is in the extreme minority.

Like I said...I am glad that attitude is in the extreme minority.

I'm not, its the reason we get a Saw every year and only a flick like Inglorious Basterds once in a blue moon.

If more movie goers had higher standards we either wouldn't have been subjected to the likes of the Die Hard and Indy comebacks, or at least they would have had to try harder at the script and story instead of just inept caricature appearances and lots of flashy lights and sounds.

Wait til they want to remake the original Star Wars or something in 10 years, then you'll really see people flip ^^^^.

ehh. no interest in this. the originals are classics imo.

this will just be another faster and furiouser with no right to be on the big screen.

now a complete reboot done right could be done i guess. :confused::confused: i don't know, but i'll probably catch it on rental maybe. :monkey4

Part of the reason I don't post here much anymore as there is so much negativity. No story line is available, no actor confirmed yet people are quick to bag it.

Well, for me the 1st mad Max movie is the only one 2_3 sucked big time. In one there was some evidence of a society, police & muscle cars, 2_3 was reduced to hoons & weirdos in beach buggies.

A reboot based on the original movie could be winner for me if made right No CG cars & stunts please...Keep it real!!!

You are crazy if you thought Mad Max 2/The Road Warrior sucked.

Between Mad Max and The Road Warrior society collasped and then the bombs fell. There were pockets of society left, but the gangs and nomads took over. Max went out into the wasteland leaving it all behind.

loved Mad Max and the Road Warrior, wasn't fond of Thunderdome. I'm interested to see where they go with this. I think Sam Worthington would make an excellent Max especially if the movie was set between Road Warrior and Thunderdome.

You are crazy if you thought Mad Max 2/The Road Warrior sucked.

Between Mad Max and The Road Warrior society collasped and then the bombs fell. There were pockets of society left, but the gangs and nomads took over. Max went out into the wasteland leaving it all behind.

I was gonna say "retarded" if you thought RW sucked but that would just leave me with an infraction. :D Just watch Road Warrior from start to end with the narration at the beginning and its hard to hate it. Even as a stand alone film its superior of the original 3 and also funnest to watch.

Road Warrior is one of the most original and creative films made. Hows that for bold.

I can't see this movie doing anything without Mel.

It would be like making a Terminator movie without Arnold and we all know how bad that turned out.

I was gonna say "retarded" if you thought RW sucked but that would just leave me with an infraction. :D Just watch Road Warrior from start to end with the narration at the beginning and its hard to hate it. Even as a stand alone film its superior of the original 3 and also funnest to watch.

Road Warrior is one of the most original and creative films made. Hows that for bold.

Im with you guys. MM 2 is a classic!

I just saw this:

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/xmic1AUDyaU&rel=0&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/xmic1AUDyaU&rel=0&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Mad max without Mel is not MAD MAX.

Mad Max is one of those characters that's inextricably linked with the actor that originally played him. Not interested in seeing anyone else do it.

I have no interest if Mel isn't in it. It can't be any good, just another movie trying to make some money off a name.

ehh. no interest in this. the originals are classics imo.

this will just be another faster and furiouser with no right to be on the big screen.

now a complete reboot done right could be done i guess. :confused::confused: i don't know, but i'll probably catch it on rental maybe. :monkey4

Amen !!!!! :rock !!!!!

Mel could do this ! And he would still draw them in if... the story were good enough... unless he;s declining cause the story is terrible... (Though he did do Thunderdome:monkey1

Back