Mad Max 4 Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This (Dutch) article says that Tom Hardy is going to play Mad Max.

https://www.filmtotaal.nl/artikel.php?id=15338

tomhardy071106_243x359.jpg

I guess we'll know soon enough who's gonna be the new Mad Max...

Anyway, shouldn't this thread be in the Movies section? :dunno

Mad Max is one of those characters that's inextricably linked with the actor that originally played him. Not interested in seeing anyone else do it.

There is just no way you could make a 4th film comparable to say the road warrior. So what's the point? Why is this "part 4" and not a remake? It'd be interesting to see how it turns out but I wouldn't cross my fingers.

Mad Max = Mel Gibson

I have no interest if Mel isn't in it. It can't be any good, just another movie trying to make some money off a name.

As much as I hate to say it, this is one franchise where I'd rather see a reboot than see an extension of the series with another installment 20+ years after the last and with a new lead who's younger than where we left off in 3.

I'd rather they just start fresh in that same post apocalyptic world.

I would not want to see a reboot. The main charm of the first 2 is the violence and the customized muscle cars.

If 4 is made, I wish it would not be like Thunderdome which was watered down and had zero cars, just a bunch of damn buggies.

If anything maybe something that takes place between Mad Max and the Road Warrior.

On our local news last night (Melbourne Australia) they interviewed George Miller and he confirmed the Interceptor is back (yes we saw pictures) :chew and they are negotiating with many actors for the film including Sam. All of the filming will be in Australia with the majority around Broken Hill - where Max 2 was filmed.

I would not want to see a reboot. The main charm of the first 2 is the violence and the customized muscle cars.

If 4 is made, I wish it would not be like Thunderdome which was watered down and had zero cars, just a bunch of damn buggies.

If anything maybe something that takes place between Mad Max and the Road Warrior.

I like this idea. There also feels like a gap between 1 and 2 where a new story could be told.

I would prefer to see what's-his-name (edit - Jason Statham) from Death Race playing Mad Max...I think he would even be better than Mel.

I'm with Elvis, no way to top Road Warrior, and replacing Mel but still going with sequels is just stupid. Reboot it, or better yet, leave it alone and call it something new.

Where did this retarded idea come from that you can take any non related, new idea, call it something old and familiar, and that makes it official.

Is Coca Cola going to sell lunch meat instead of soda when I'm 40?

Back