Machete Kills! October 11th 2013!! NEW TRAILER!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Machete Kills starts filming this year!!

Loved Machete and I'm sure this one will rule too, however mel gibson joining the cast, ew.

Loved Machete and I'm sure this one will rule too, however mel gibson joining the cast, ew.

Why? :dunno
Despite his personal issues, he's a great actor and director...

Kinda hated the first one. Aside from a couple cool scenes, most of movie played it safe.

How so?... What were you expecting?

Machete makes for great trailers, not such engrossing movies.

Robert and Quentin's love for 70'sploitation is an acquired taste I guess.

Robert seems very talented and sometimes promising as a director...and I wish he'd make his one GREAT film already. So much talent wasted on kiddie bubblegum and 70's retro-trash.

:pfft:
Machete rocks!!! You guys fail!!
My personal favorite of his is Sin City, then Machete, the Mariachi Trilogy, Planet Terror and Dusk till Dawn...
I do hate his kiddie flicks though...

IMO hi GREAT film is Sin City, for others it's El Mariachi...

Not the film he's best known for, but THE film that makes him GREAT. You know what I mean... where his sensibilities and the material mesh in a way that makes a masterpiece of sorts.

I do not see any of his work as a masterpiece. Just him having fun. I think if he really tried, he could make a truly great film.

Machete's a joke... and Sin City is someone else's masterpiece, he just visualized it.

The first film was very enjoyable, love me some Danny Trejo.
The story is ridiculous but it was never meant to be taken seriously. Just a good 'ol gore fest. Would have been nice to see Sin City 2, but this will make up for it.

Shé is back!! :rock!!

https://www.firstshowing.net/2012/michelle-rodriguez-returns-for-fast-furious-6-and-machete-kills/

Michelle Rodriguez Returns for 'Fast & Furious 6' and 'Machete Kills'
by Ben Pearson
May 1, 2012
Source: Variety

Rob Cohen's The Fast and the Furious put Michelle Rodriguez on the map back in 2001. Her appearance in that movie laid the groundwork for the actress to carve out a solid career as a badass in multiple action films, including S.W.A.T., Robert Rodriguez's Machete, and a little movie you may have heard of called Avatar. But now Rodriguez is going back to her roots, as Variety reports she is coming back behind the wheel for director Justin Lin in Fast and Furious 6, and she's also reprising her role as the eye-patch-wearing Luz in Robert Rodriguez's forthcoming Danny Trejo action sequel Machete Kills. More below!

In a post-credits sequence during Fast Five, it was revealed that Rodriguez's character, Letty, did not actually die in the fourth film, Fast & Furious. Letty's appearance in the sixth movie will act as a great piece of narrative continuity for the series. I'm a big fan of what director Justin Lin has done in revitalizing this franchise, and I'm actually really excited to see how far these movies can go now that they've given it a jolt of energy with Dwayne Johnson, Gina Carano, and maybe even Rihanna.

Machete Kills looks to be a lot of fun, with the titular hero now working for the U.S. government and trying to prevent an all-out war from a deranged billionaire arms dealer and a cartel leader who plan to use a space weapon to spread terror across the world. Mel Gibson and Michelle Williams' names have been tossed around in connection to the movie, and apparently Gibson has signed on as the arms dealer, so hopefully Williams comes on board to add to the eccentricity of this cast. I'm actually already looking further ahead to Machete Kills Again...in Space! because that one sounds even more ludicrous than the first two

I hope they have more luchador assassins in this one.

Liked the first one so this should be good too. You know you are a good controversial director when you get both sides of the fence chiming in on how much they love/hate your movies...:panic:

I haven't seen the first one yet but if it comes out on Netflix I'll check it out.

So they are already filming, and they just added Charlie Sheen!! :rock!!

https://www.slashfilm.com/robert-ro...hite-house-machete-kills-set-photos-released/

Robert Rodriguez Puts Charlie Sheen in the White House for ‘Machete Kills’; First Set Photos Released
Posted on Friday, June 22nd, 2012 by Angie Han

Robert Rodriguez sure seems to have a soft spot for PR-challenged celebs. 2010′s Machete saw him working with a notoriously troubled Lindsay Lohan, and for its sequel Machete Kills, Rodriguez is upping the ante with not one but two recovering trainwrecks.

Mel Gibson has been signed on to play a “Bond-style villain” since April, and now Charlie Sheen has signed on to play one of the apparent good guys — specifically, the president of the United States. Rodriguez himself made the announcement this week, along with a few snapshots from the set. Flip through the photos and read about Sheen’s casting after the jump.

Rodriguez took to Twitter (via The Film Stage) to reveal that Sheen had joined the project. “I just cast Charlie Sheen in #machetekills as the President of the United States!” he wrote. “Who better?” Who better indeed. Sheen’s got presidential genes in him, after all, as the son of West Wing star Martin Sheen. But more than that, the idea of the tiger blood warlock as the leader of the free world is amusing, terrifying, and above-all, attention grabbing.

It probably works out for Sheen as well. After an ugly public meltdown that led to his getting booted from CBS’ Two and a Half Men, the star has been getting his career back on track. In addition to Machete Kills, Sheen’s current projects include his new FX series Anger Management (which he’s been calling his ‘swan song’) and the Roman Coppola-directed film A Glimpse Inside The Mind Of Charles Swan III.

Rodriguez also uploaded a few images from the set, shortly before the casting announcement. Stars Danny Trejo and Jessica Alba feature prominently, as does an all-female mariachi band.

Machete-Kills-set-photo-Rodriguez-and-Sheen.png

Machete-Kills-set-photo-Alba-and-Trejo-550x410.png

Machete-Kills-set-photo-2-550x549.png

Machete-Kills-set-photo-Trejo-and-Alba-550x447.png

While an early synopsis had ex-federale Machete (Trejo) battling a cartel leader and an arms dealer, Rodriguez recently laughed up the plot descriptions, declaring, “it’s all fake.” What we do know is that the sequel will see Machete recruited by the POTUS, and that it’ll be “like a James Bond movie” with some kind of “space element.”

Also starring Demián Bichir, Michelle Rodriguez, Amber Heard, and Sofia Vergara, Machete Kills is shooting now and will hit theaters sometime next year.

Yep, Rodriguez said the third one will be: "Machete Kills Again... In Space"...

I cannot wait for this one, and the cast is really something already!

Danny Trejo, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Amber Heard, Sofia Vergara, Demian Bichir, Mel Gibson and now Charlie Sheen!
This movie will rock!
:rock!

This is actually going to happen after all? Sweet! I thought the sequel announcement credits were just more satire from the first film!

Plus, they better get filming on this one soon anyway. Trejo isn't getting any younger!

This is actually going to happen after all? Sweet! I thought the sequel announcement credits were just more satire from the first film!

Plus, they better get filming on this one soon anyway. Trejo isn't getting any younger!

They are already filming, see the pics I posted!

Sick cast.

And Alba with a blaster. :rock

:hi5::yess:

Back