1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does "clam shelled" over the head mean ecxactly? Like a full intact head underneath? I think of clamshell packaging, but not sure what it means in this context.

well if that`s the case it would be cheaper then having two different head sculpts. which I thought was a dumb anyways. to bad then did not come up with that years ago to cut on cost maybe

Good idea. Unless the head underneath is bald with no ears. Like the DX head. They wouldn't would they?

Unless the head underneath is bald with no ears.

Exclusive 'X-Wing Accident Luke'?

Helmet might take a cue from The HT T-1000:

903_T1000.jpg

There's a natural separation point above the side discs:

sdcc2014_sideshow_115.jpg

Maybe I'm greedy, but for the $200 this will be I would have preferred a helmeted head plus non-helmeted head with extra helmet. Or maybe going forward that's just for the $250 DX packages.

Thankfully no clamshells on Hoth.

Maybe I'm greedy, but for the $200 this will be I would have preferred a helmeted head plus non-helmeted head with extra helmet. Or maybe going forward that's just for the $250 DX packages.

If the helmet is removable such that it allows displaying the figure with or without the helmet, what's the point of having two heads?

I'm hoping the lack of extras will bring the price down to something reasonable.

If the helmet is removable such that it allows displaying the figure with or without the helmet, what's the point of having two heads?

You'd have a head that wasn't slightly smushed sculpt-wise to accomodate a helmet over it for starters. Heads that are designed for hats or helmets nearly always have that "hat hair" look and tweaked ears, I'm assuming even with this new-fangled clamshell space-age technology.

And... well... you'd have two heads plus an extra helmet. Hel-loo!

You'd have a head that wasn't slightly smushed sculpt-wise to accomodate a helmet over it for starters. Heads that are designed for hats or helmets nearly always have that "hat hair" look and tweaked ears, I'm assuming even with this new-fangled clamshell space-age technology.

And... well... you'd have two heads plus an extra helmet. Hel-loo!

You are my new least favourite poster.

Pixel, sorry mate. Hand back the crown.

Back