Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not entirely true. While any of the accessorized figures have bigger pegs that fit into the hands (Batman, Military, etc), the tiny pegs that come on a nude TrueType 38 do fit in the sockets of the Sideshow hands without needing modifications. Otherwise, my poor Mace would've been handless. :lol

This is true. While Luke looks awesome on the TrueType, you lose the height differential and to my knowledge, while making slimmer and muscle bodies aside from their standard, HotToys doesn't make a shorter body.

is there much difference in height then from the original ss jedi luke bdy compared to jedi luke witha ht body?? are they alot taller?

considerably taler. you just ned to decide if scale matters to you or not is all.i plan to use the pro body for shorter characters, and hot toys bodies for taller ones.

whats the pro bodys lerath?? are they good?

"Pro" is short for Prometheus - this is a new kind of Body Sideshow developed to replace the Buck (which is what most Sideshow figures currently use), it has better articulation than the Buck & uses a similar "double" neck joint to Hot Toys "true type" body, Is it any good ?, there seemed to be quite a few quality issues when it first came out, I think the SS Indy figure was the first to use it & the joints were so loose he couldn't stand unaided + the head would just flop about, since then i don't think there has been another release to use it. The Pro is on the Left & Buck is on the right.

the Harbinger was released on the pro last month. they fixed the joints. the body is not just as tight and sturdy as the Truetype :) All the joints are solid as they should be :)
in otha werds : The pro is an awesome body nao. :)

gonna go but an extra pro from the Harbinger for one of my lukes, just not sure which luke. you can get them from Toyanxiety, and e-bay. you just want to avoid the Indy version.

though, Bellosh is the 3rd figure on the pro, and he ALSO has good joints like the Harbinger.
so for now, it's the Harbinger, and Bellosh. Snake eyes, who is shipping now, is also on the pro. ALL the GI joes will be

thanks for that guys, ill look into getting one of those pro bys then to do a body swap with a luke. i take it the hand sockets etc wud need widening so the ss figs hands fit in??

and yeah pics of the swap would be cool.

thanks for that guys, ill look into getting one of those pro bys then to do a body swap with a luke. i take it the hand sockets etc wud need widening so the ss figs hands fit in??

and yeah pics of the swap would be cool.

The hands from the Buck will just about squeeze onto the Pro pins, the main problem will be the feet, the pro uses things called "Beets" - these are moulded boots that fit straight onto pins & then onto the bottom of the leg. (check out the pic i posted earlier & look carefully at the pro's feet).
This is another inovation that the Pro shares with the True Type from hot toys.

I just will never be able to get over his face. That ruined the figure for me. The customs here are great though...man, they should read this forum more..

The hands from the Buck will just about squeeze onto the Pro pins, the main problem will be the feet, the pro uses things called "Beets" - these are moulded boots that fit straight onto pins & then onto the bottom of the leg. (check out the pic i posted earlier & look carefully at the pro's feet).
This is another inovation that the Pro shares with the True Type from hot toys.

so if i were to use the pro for luke body swaps what would u do in terms of changing the feet ?

and yeah the factory paint job of the jedi look gives him a weird stare look. but im sure ive seen prob in this thread, repaint jobs that have made him look far better!

Actualy, the "BEETS" or Boot Fet on the pro are designed so you can remove the ankle joint from the boot by a simple boil and pop. you'll see that the pro body's ankle joint ends in a plug. if you boil the feet on the buck body and pull them off, you'll find they have a hole in them. and can be put on the Prometheus ankles just fine.

I keep hoping they make a Jedi Luke PF. I would definitely buy that. I don't own one 1:6 anymore. I just don't like how some of them look and I've just seen better justice done to them in the PF line.

so is it the 'buck' bodys that mosto f the sideshow sw comeo n then? idnt have ny yet and im awaiting my 1st to arrive, the sith anakin/vader that ijst bought. but ive found a site for areaonable pricedluke jedi so if the swap is failry simple ill get 1 of those pro bodys too.

so is it the 'buck' bodys that mosto f the sideshow sw comeo n then? idnt have ny yet and im awaiting my 1st to arrive, the sith anakin/vader that ijst bought. but ive found a site for areaonable pricedluke jedi so if the swap is failry simple ill get 1 of those pro bodys too.

I can't understand the first sentence, actually 90% of the whole thing.

What?

I can't understand the first sentence, actually 90% of the whole thing.

What?

With a little imagination this is how I understood it:

teabelly said:
So most of the SW line is on the Buck body then? I didn't know that because I am still waiting to receive my first SS figure to arrive (Sith Anakin) but I have found a site with a reasonably priced Jedi Luke; so if the swap to a PRO body is pretty simple I'll get that one too.

:D

Back