Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, i think when you have both SS Luke and Medicom..looking at them both in my detolf and seeing SS Luke's expression and doll like paint aplication, it just does not fit in much with the other SS figures..its a good sculpt of Mark Hamil but, he is going to look stupid when stood next to SS Vader...my Medicom Vader with Medicom Luke standing in front of him looks much better..i just mean as a whole...i know the scale is not correct but, it is more satisfying to see the medicom one then it is when i look a the SS, i am not trying to defend Medicom..i can't stand how overpriced they are..pretty lame..i only own three medicom figures..Luke,Stormtrooper and ROTS Vader, Hot Toys is all i buy now, SS lost me with poor character choices, though i will get their Stormtrooper even though its not as good as the Medicom or even the old tomy kits or whatever.

You know, anyone who slags the SS Jedi Luke for having bad paints apps/sculpt and then pretty much says they proudly display the Medi-Luke immediately loses me.

I see what you're saying and i agree as a whole it may look better. I would love to see medicom do a luke now after the 2004 release of Jedi Luke. I've owned both and the medi luke trumps SS luke in every way except HS and Saber. (but the HS is a deal breaker for me, So SS it is)

Agree with Krayt. I would love the see Medi revisit Luke because they have grown by leaps and bounds for sculpts since then. Their paint apps are still worse than SS though... well... by worse I mean more minimalistic.

I see what you're saying and i agree as a whole it may look better. I would love to see medicom do a luke now after the 2004 release of Jedi Luke. I've owned both and the medi luke trumps SS luke in every way except HS and Saber. (but the HS is a deal breaker for me, So SS it is)

Sideshow has the better jumpsuit. The two piece Medi suit with the thick ass velcro seam makes his pants stick out waaaaay to much.

IMO, the only thing medi did better was the cloak and the boots.

Sideshow has the better jumpsuit. The two piece Medi suit with the thick ass velcro seam makes his pants stick out waaaaay to much.

IMO, the only thing medi did better was the cloak and the boots.

It is two piece but i thought it layed better and had a better feel.

actually the SS belt is better as well.

This is what he'd look like with a 20% smaller head. I have Luke posed with all of my other 12" figures and I've never really thought his head looked too big. Certainly not by more than 5% or so in any case. The arms are terrible though.

luke_pinhead.jpg

goomba.jpg

wow, looking at icruises' 20% smaller mug pic made me realize that its fine as is. maybe its just the hair sculpted on the fig thats too much i dunno but it is a slightly bigger noggin compared side by side with bespin luke, but fortunately something that dont bother me at all, as i said, i hadnt noticed it till i did the body swap. out of the 4 ss Lukes this one just took 1st place.

I'm attempting to repaint my Luke again.

It has been a challenge to make him look more like this:

24opp3t.jpg

Instead of this:

ajrz8k.jpg

But he still is one my favorites.

Last edited:
I own both the Medi and Sideshow Luke. And they are a mixed bag when it comes to individual pieces.

I will agree that the stern expression on the Medi looks better character-wise, but the Sideshow sculpt is still the best ROTJ Hamill I've seen. Its not the best expression, but still one that was characteristic of Luke in that movie.

But the Medicom figure (even scale not being considered) just isn't as good of a figure. The clothes feel cheaper (which is odd for Medicom), the paint work is non-existent... no to mention the weird greenish bleed from his hair. The body and boots are better, but aside from that I prefer the Sideshow.

The biggest issues with the Sideshow Luke are the Buck body which makes only posing him in the black jumpsuit look bad and the oversized hands. Which is odd since the gloved hands look fine, but they used the stock ones which do look odd.

WOW! The beginning of it all...

I can't believe MJ has his pics still up and available from 3 years ago.

3-22-2006

Howdy! OK, as requested, I posted my quick snapshots of Luke in the "Shipping" thread first. I guess we can all use THIS thread to post all of our photos as we start getting Luke out of his prison and onto our shelves!

Unfortunately, I only had about 15 minutes with Luke before having to race back here to the office, but here's what I managed to shoot off in those few moments:

FYI: The side of the box holds together with a magnet, not with velcro circles. There is a wire in the hood of Luke's cloak to facilitate shaping it, and there is also a thin wire in the flap of his shirt (to hold the flap down for an end of ROTJ scene. Without further ado, heeeeeeeere's LUKE!

dsc001888bh.jpg

dsc001895xg.jpg

dsc001903ft.jpg

dsc001920mr.jpg

dsc001966se.jpg

dsc001979fd.jpg

dsc001981zd.jpg

dsc001990ws.jpg

dsc002014zg.jpg

- J!

I remember there was some guy who posted a pic of himself licking the box.... so long ago, but that pic made me laugh so hard.

This is a work in progress. I will continue working on him tomorrow, so any feedback is appreciated.

w0iaef.jpg

24opp3t.jpg

f06651.jpg

BTW, did someone get a haircut between filming in England and California? ;)

Last edited:
looks petty good JustinLuck. especially the eyes. you got got rid of the stare somewhat. you inspired me to click a couple of mine:

anybody see a family resemblence here? i think deep down Luke really wanted to go all darkside.
IMG_0493.jpg

Back