Luke Skywalker - DX07 - THRONE ROOM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One-Figure-Collector

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just started with the box decorations (casted from original Sideshow 1/6 scale imperial throne):

CIMG0842 II (3).jpg

Raw material:

CIMG0836.JPG

Maybe, I will have to use a polishing machine ... What can I do to smoothen the laquer??? :slap:slap:slap

Started the wig sculpting for Luke Skywalker 1/6 scale Hot Toys DX07 throne room custom:

Screen cap:

star-wars6-movie-screencaps_com-10836.jpg

First attempt (Fimo soft):

Fimo wig.jpeg

Fimo wig II.jpeg

Second (Super Sculpey):

Sculpey wig I.jpeg

Sculpey wig II.jpeg

Third (Super Sculpey):

star-wars6-movie-screencaps_com-14383.jpg

Sculpey wig III.jpeg

star-wars6-movie-screencaps_com-10688.jpg

Sculpey V.jpeg

star-wars6-movie-screencaps_com-12309.jpg

Sculpey wig IV.jpeg

Does anyone have a hint for the paint application (never ever done this before, I want to reflect all nuances of the brown colour)??? I think HT have done a good job regarding the painting ...

One option for paint:

1st choose your colors (3 or 4 different shades).

Step 1:
Start with the second lightest and paint everything.

Step 2: (optional)
Then use the next shade darker diluted into a wash and coat the whole thing again, wiping off any access.

Step 3:
Then use the darkest shade diluted into a wash and coat the whole thing again, wiping off any access.

Step 4:
Then use the lightest shade and drybrush on the hightlights.

One option for paint:

1st choose your colors (3 or 4 different shades).

Step 1:
Start with the second lightest and paint everything.

Step 2: (optional)
Then use the next shade darker diluted into a wash and coat the whole thing again, wiping off any access.

Step 3:
Then use the darkest shade diluted into a wash and coat the whole thing again, wiping off any access.

Step 4:
Then use the lightest shade and drybrush on the hightlights.

Many thanks for the detailed instruction!!! :clap:clap:clap I´ll try it asap ...

Figure almost completed ... [Before they also want to announce this figure next to Hoth and X-Wing Luke ???]:

side III.jpeg

side II.jpeg

side.jpeg

Hope you like it!!!

Mission completed, Luke DX07 Jedi Knight custom 1/6 scale finished.

I was not really satisfied with the wig and replaced it with an alternative version (I had bought the re-worked Medicom version, but it was too bulky for my taste): :wink1::wink1::wink1:

1.jpg 1a.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg

4.jpg 6.jpg

Final pics of the box and its contents:

Box closed.jpeg Box fron.jpeg

Box rear.jpeg box side.jpeg

box upper part.jpeg From above.jpg

openbox.jpg Outside.jpeg

with inlay.jpeg

thanks for comments! :bouncin :bouncin :bouncin

great work, as always!

The new wig was a great improvement.

What did you use for the cuffs?
Also, what did you use for the suit "corner", the one which is inside out? I can see it is not the "default".

Thanks! keep up the good work.

great work, as always!

The new wig was a great improvement.

What did you use for the cuffs?
Also, what did you use for the suit "corner", the one which is inside out? I can see it is not the "default".

Thanks! keep up the good work.

Many thanks, man! This is highly appreciated ... :clap:clap:clap I think People don´t like this figure as much as my other customs (at least I receive much less comments on it than for the others). :(:(:( Anyway, I really like this Luke version myself (except for the box, I should have used different colour for the inlay).

Coming to your questions, I used a thin metal plate with rubber foam inside for the handcuffs. I painted it with grey acrylic colour and scratched the surface afterwards with a sharp knife to make the metal shine through at certain spots making it look worn out a little bit.

For the shirt, I attached the corner with a few stiches (at first I wanted to attach it loosely using a magnet which failed to work out completely) and glued a painted PVC plate on it. Hope that helps ...

I always underestimate the precision of your work... you are a patient and talented one!! :clap

I am not :rotfl

Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for the great work! you gotta love it!

Back