Luke Skywalker - DX07 - MOS EISLEY ESCAPE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One-Figure-Collector

Super Freak
Reaction score
"With the blast shield down I can't even see! How am I supposed to fight?"

Exact guess, Sir.:clap You are perfectly right:

Luke full side.jpg

left.jpeg

close.jpg

close front.jpg

The biggest challenge is right in front of me: casting the blade of a yellow lightsaber !!!

star-wars4-movie-screencaps_com-7182.jpg

Never ever did this before ... :panic::panic::panic:

Just finished the clothing (tailored shirt according to the pattern of Sideshow Luke Moisture Farmer which is on the right for comparison, but with adjusted shirt and sleeve length while using a different kind of fabric):

Clothing.jpg

Now Luke DX07 ANH custom fully dressed up (I think the silk adds nicely to the figures appearance):

Front,jpeg.jpg

Right.jpeg

Left.jpeg

end.jpg

Still, the lightsaber with yellow blade is missing (casting is a big challenge ...)

Hi guys,

just finished my second shirt (with longer sleeves). The pose is inspired by the original pic below:

CIMG0799.JPG

Millennium_Falcon_interior.jpg

The casting of the yellow blade, however, is a disaster. See my first two attempts:

CIMG0796.JPG

CIMG0797.JPG

The first one did not get hard, even after days, the second one had bubbles over bubbles :slap:slap:slap

I am really desperate now, any hints??? [anything except for ´purchase a vacuum pump´ is welcome:wink1:]

Not sure why you want to go yellow if the first place, but try visiting a local plastic shop and buy a yellow acrylic rod. Probably cost you under $5.

If you're dead set on making it yourself, then another solution is right after you pour the resin into the mold, take a (preferably small) propane torch the give the top a quick blast. Do a search on Youtube for DIY clear resin jewelry and you'll see this technique used.

I just realized that the technique I suggested probably won't do you any good since it's for an open 1 piece mold and I assume you're using a 2 part. So just ignore my last post :)

Not sure why you want to go yellow if the first place, but try visiting a local plastic shop and buy a yellow acrylic rod. Probably cost you under $5.

If you're dead set on making it yourself, then another solution is right after you pour the resin into the mold, take a (preferably small) propane torch the give the top a quick blast. Do a search on Youtube for DIY clear resin jewelry and you'll see this technique used.

I just realized that the technique I suggested probably won't do you any good since it's for an open 1 piece mold and I assume you're using a 2 part. So just ignore my last post :)

I tried using a mold (consisting of 1 Piece, made from silicone), but it was impossible to fill it with resin (droplet size, etc.). So I changed to a different method (small syringe, straw, see below).

syringe.jpg

I really like the result:

above.jpg

from below.jpg

The blade I casted fits perfectly inside the DX07 light saber hilt ... Anyway, I´ ll try it again drawing the piston of the syringe very carefully.

Not sure why you're using silk for the shirt either but otherwise it looks great!

Many thanks for the compliment. I tried out a couple of fabrics, but the silk one turned out best. In combination with the helmet, I think that it turns the apprentice into a mighty ancient warrior ...

From right.jpg

Good thinking with the straw/syringe. Looks like it came out well. It looks tapered too. Did you sand it down and buff it?

Very cool idea,I love the yellow saber too,when I first saw it I thought what the heck?but the more I looked the more I liked it. A cathode saber really would set this thing off.any plans on getting one?

Good thinking with the straw/syringe. Looks like it came out well. It looks tapered too. Did you sand it down and buff it?

The saber came out nicely, but it still contains a couple of air bubbles ... The tapered effect was probably created by chance: I took it out from the straw too early so it had been stretched a little bit in the direction of the top while pulling it out. Except for this, I haven´t worked on it any further (no sanding, no buffing) ... It has fit directly inside the saber hilt without any problems.

Very cool idea,I love the yellow saber too,when I first saw it I thought what the heck?but the more I looked the more I liked it. A cathode saber really would set this thing off.any plans on getting one?

Thank you, Steven! In my opinion, the ANH Luke has to have definitely a yellow blade. It probably comes from the first Kenner figure that was sold in the 80s.

Nathan has already made two cathode sabers for me (green and blue) and it took us two attempts to ship it to Europe. Therefore, at the moment no further plans on it ...

Back