Luke Maul (Monkey) Arm Solution?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, thanks.

Along the same lines, does anyone know how to best fit a Sideshow head on a Dragon body?

Stitch_Fett said:
I switch the Luke body with the Oz (human) body from Buffy and it's perfect
plus it only cost around $20

that's the best solution. Oz is also a short body, but the arms are proportional.

I resorted to surgery to fix Luke's monkey arms . Using a razor saw ( NOT a hacksaw) I removed a section about 7cm long from the forearms and re-attached using a good Gel type super ( crazy) glue . The resulting "step" can be filled with filler etc , though this is not essential as the sleeves cover this area . As long as you measure and cut carefully this is a straightforward procedure and improves the look of the figure no end .
:chew

would be good if people could post pics of that their 'fixed' Luke so the rest of us can see if its worth our while

I just do not see a problem with Luke's arms. I realize they are (slightly) long for correct proportion. But if they were any shorter...it would be tough to get him into the pose with his hands over his head just as he is about to cut off Vader's hand in the end of ROTJ.

Well, without doing anything permanent (except playing Cinderella's step mother to the Dragon body's feet) here's Luke on a Dragon body.

The body makes his head look too big, or maybe just his 1983 hair.

I curled the entire cuff of the shirt sleaves to fit on the shorter arms and used a peg whitled to the proper size from a lolipop stick to attach the right hand.

He's not as short anymore so I'm not sure he's staying on the Dragon for long.

Last edited:
SS Luke just has way too many problems. Not just monkey arms, the head is HUGE. Even if you use Hot Toys body, the head still looks big. I hope somebody can shrink cast the head .....that's the only solution to make him looks good.

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
Hey Kamen, would you be able to do it with 100% Acetone?

No...SS head is solid. That won't work. Unless you hollow it out, then shrink it.

I should have used a Dremel but I didn't have a Dremel I had a scary knife that looks and worked like a bone saw and I had some super-glue. So now, just as man has evolved from lemurs, so too Luke has lost his monkey-arm reach.

I sawed the wrists off first. I figured it would be easier to saw them off the forearm while it was still attached to the body. Then I sawed the forearm just beneath the bell shape. It's hollow so I knew I would have to glue the wrist to something. It works great! The wrist peg still tilts. The forearms still rotate. The glue is strong enough that poping the hands on and off is a breeze with no worries. They ain't pretty, but they ain't ugly either. Sides, I folded the shirt sleeves at the cuffs to keep the line of the seam and it hides the forearms perfectly.

Now I have the left over forearm pieces to play with... I'm getting my hands on a Dremel in a week or so and by then I'm sure I'll think of something.

gdb that makes all the difference! He looks great now.

KamenGuyver the best solution to the big head problem would be to get a Gentle Giant Jedi Luke bust, remove the head and mount it on a figure of your choice. This is exactly what I'll attempt to do on the weekend as I lucked out on a cheap GG bust with a damaged hand. If successful, I might do the same for Han Solo.

I changed the body of the luke to the Oz body which is the smaller one without the long arms.
LUKE-SKYWALKER3.jpg
[/IMG]

dekadentdave said:
Smaller body makes the arms look good but it's made Big Head Luke look even bigger!

That's because the arms were too distracting to see anything else. :D

Funny (or sad) thing is, the Hasbro helmet fits perfectly the Sideshow head.

gdb said:
That's because the arms were too distracting to see anything else. :D

Funny (or sad) thing is, the Hasbro helmet fits perfectly the Sideshow head.

Sad that it does, funny that Sideshow has the same problem as Hasbro.:lol

Or is that also sad? :monkey2

Back