Luke Maul (Monkey) Arm Solution?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjam

Here on the Perimeter
Reaction score
SSC announced they corrected the forearm issue with Maul.

Does it make any sense to pick up another reg Maul and/or use Maul to switchout forearms with Luke?

You will have a correct Luke and the forearms on Maul won't look as bad because his arms are buried under a robe and puffy sleeves...

Just a thought to get that perfect Luke, unless of course SSC could make the new "corrected" forearm pieces available to us...

Then again if Maul's arms are red, that could end this discussion quickly without a repaint!

Last edited:
pjam said:

Does it make any sense to pick up another reg Maul and switchout the forearms with Luke?

You will have a correct Luke and the forearms on Maul won't look as bad because his arms are buried under a robe and puffy sleeves...

Just a thought to get that perfect Luke, unless of course SSC could make the new "corrected" forearm pieces available to us...

Then again if Maul's arms are red, that would end this discussion quickly!

I bet Maul's body would be black if anything. His neck is black so it would make sense for his torso, and so on. Maybe he will just have some areas black and the rest normal.

Buttmunch said:
I bet Maul's body would be black if anything. His neck is black so it would make sense for his torso, and so on. Maybe he will just have some areas black and the rest normal.

At the very least now that SSC has these corrected forearms they should provide them to us upon request...

pjam said:

Does it make any sense to pick up another reg Maul and switchout the forearms with Luke?

Then again if Maul's arms are red, that could end this discussion quickly without a repaint!

why would you spend another $50+ just to upgrade luke's body? Just buy a HT body for $20-$30 on ebay.

I have two Hot Toy bodies on pre-order. They haven't been released yet, but they should be available by the end of the month.

nash said:
why would you spend another $50+ just to upgrade luke's body? Just buy a HT body for $20-$30 on ebay.

I see your point if you don't need 2 mauls, so I edited my thread post, thanks, too may beers!

I guess the question is does it make sense to switchout forearms with Maul?

hmm, is it possible to just switch out the forearms? i have no clue how they are held together.

I'm not sure that the arms will be different on Maul. I believe it was said that they long arms on the short bodies was being addressed, but I don't know that anyone said it was addressed before Maul went into production. Not trying to be a naysayer here, but don't want people to get their hopes up...

pjam said:

where did they announce this? awesome news. hopefully with this correction the long arm joke will be put to rest :lol

*sigh* So much for the long arm of the maul.

:eek: Bad joke I know, but I couldn't resist.

I've decided after a great deal of thinking on this, I'm not switching bodies. I think Luke looks fine (so long you don't pose him arms straight down) if he's using the force or a lightsaber I never have a problem with his arms. And more so I kinda got this whole fear of jacking up my figures, and I kind of want to keep them the way SS gave em' to me. BUT if SS sold fixed bodies, I'd get one, just so I don't have to drill Luke or Hans hands to fit a HT body. Plus I'm confident I can make any figure look ok as long as you futz with it enough you can get a natural pose.

Where do you guys order the HT bodies from. I'm looking for a good place to order a couple. Have the new ones been released yet?

nash said:

I think it would make Luke to tall/big.

If the forearms are that much of a pain on Luke, just cut them down, its a simple process.

TOE said:
where did they announce this? awesome news. hopefully with this correction the long arm joke will be put to rest :lol

I recall reading it somewhere, either in a chat or blog when Maul was announced/pre-ordered, can anyone else confirm this? Brandt?

pjam said:
I recall reading it somewhere, either in a chat or blog when Maul was announced/pre-ordered, can anyone else confirm this? Brandt?

Brandt confirmed it in the SDCC chat. That was back in July. I believe you can find it in the archives on here or one of the other sites somewhere.

:maul

Has anyone posted a how-to for operating on the forearms for Luke? (I'd swap the head on a Hot Toys body, but what would I do about the hands?)

I thought I saw one with pictures even, but I couldn't find it through using the search.

You have to drill the holes larger in the SS hands.

And I think the HT body is too big/buff for Luke.

I still don't think that there is a monkey arm problem. If you mean apes well their arms touch the ground. There is nothing wrong here. Sorry.

Back