Lucasfilm's RED TAILS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back---It's OK. If you want to see it, only go for the dogfights, everything else is pretty poor. The performances are just fine but the story is very easy to guess what's going to happen and there's nothing that hasn't been done before.

Enjoyed it.
I wish the planes were louder in the movie
Not too bad.... If you like history you will like it

All GL cares about is $$$$ and i'm sure there are some false facts about his Hollywood race debacle, he's just using this crap to help push sales for his flat movie.

Same thing going on in the music business with guys similar to GL investing $ in horrible hip hop artists.

Last edited:
He sounds kind of fake or something, like he's really pushing the race thing, despite that the film has no impact at all, maybe it's because he has a black girlfriend or something

I keep hearing the PR spin of it being "like an old EC comic".

Sorry, but the story of the Tuskegee Airmen deserves more storytelling skill than the typical EC comic.

Many of these guys fought for their country, came home and were subjected to an unethical medical experiment. Was that mentioned in the film? Unlikely.

All GL cares about is $$$$ and i'm sure there are some false facts about his Hollywood race debacle, he's just using this crap to help push sales for his flat movie.

Same thing going on in the music business with guys similar to GL investing $ in horrible hip hop artists.

Motives aside, he's right. It's also the same reason we haven't seen any major black superheroes fronting their own movies. :(

All i can think of off the top of my head is Spawn, Hancock, Shaft, The Meteor Man,Blade 1-3,Catwoman, Blank Man XD..errr..

Yea, i think there could be more made but, i get sick of how its always about black and white and thats it...we need to see more media focusing on other races and cultures,militaries too.

All i can think of off the top of my head is Spawn, Hancock, Shaft, The Meteor Man,Blade 1-3,Catwoman, Blank Man XD..errr..

Yea, i think there could be more made but, i get sick of how its always about black and white and thats it...we need to see more media focusing on other races and cultures,militaries too.

Yeah, Native Canadians!

Hancock and Blade, I'll give you. But Smith played more to everybody and Blade was more horror than action. Hollywood's littered with commercial failures like Catwoman and Steel that makes them less enthusiastic to produce say, a Cage or Black Panther movie. They don't really take them seriously so they don't get the same budgets. I'm actually a bit disappointed Jackson hasn't gotten his own Fury movie yet. And yea, I fully agree that other races haven't been as represented either. :(

It's interesting that many people feel the way you do Nam but still the movies don't show a full representation.

Guess it shows how much of a bubble Hollywood really is. I'd love to see a Cage film and Powerman & Iron Fist...what?!? A Black guy and an Asian guy?!? Who's gonna go see that?

Blade is still in my top 2 favorite comic movies.

It's interesting that many people feel the way you do Nam but still the movies don't show a full representation.

Guess it shows how much of a bubble Hollywood really is. I'd love to see a Cage film and Powerman & Iron Fist...what?!? A Black guy and an Asian guy?!? Who's gonna go see that?

Blade is still in my top 2 favorite comic movies.

Yeah, it's really a ____ing shame. When they throw money at it and it works as Hancock did, they're happy. But when they throw ____ at it and it flops, they _____, but they don't hesitate to point fingers and say, "SEE?! SEE?!" completely oblivious to the fact that they caused their own problem. :cuckoo:

Motives aside, he's right. It's also the same reason we haven't seen any major black superheroes fronting their own movies. :(

I'd love a War Machine movie. I got into the latest series last year, and thought it was badass. With Don Cheadle reprising his role I"m sured it'd do really great ticket saleswise.

Back