Lucasfilm's RED TAILS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lucasfilm's RED TAILS official trailer

At the 1:45 mark, I thought hew was going to say "to the windows, to walls... till the sweat drip from my.."

LMAO

Keep seeing the commerical for this movie. Terrence Howard speech is so cliche, "what will we do with that freedom" etc. It kills the whole movie for me and this its just the commercial. This has to flop.

I'm a WWII buff, I'll go see it. I'm sure it will do very well at the box office.

I'm a WWII buff, I'll go see it. I'm sure it will do very well at the box office.

I love WW2 films, just got "Enemy at the Gates" on blu. But I'll wait to see Red Tails on HBO or something. Unless the reviews are really good. Just sick of hearing the commerical.

This movie looks absurd.

I'm sure every film maker wished they could put out a film exactly as they wanted like Lucas does.

This is true. However, most good filmmakers know that film making is a collaborative process. It should not be done by one person alone. You need someone telling you your ideas are ____. Other wise you end up with movies like the Prequels, or Sucker Punch. Unless you have proven yourself, throughout countless films under your belt, work with others.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/magazine/george-lucas-red-tails.html?pagewanted=all

Interesting (and long!) read. I want to say I have gained a bit of respect for ol' George after having lost all of it with the way he handled the prequels and continues to milk the franchise dry year after year, but part of me still can't and at the end of the day I still find him to be a bit of a hack.

But if he would get over himself and do what Ridley Scott did with "Blade Runner" and just release EVERY cut of "Star Wars" to give fans options what THEY want to see, I could get behind him always editing it over and over to make himself satisfied with the end product. I completely understand the constant desire to perfect something, but why can't he understand he altered a classic film and even though it is HIS film, it belongs to so many others too when they first saw it and grew up with it for 20 years of their lives....

This looks awful to me - it's the hip-hop style of a 40's movie in the trailer that kills it. That music is just terrible for this type of trailer, and I can only hope that this is not the overall tone of the movie.

This looks awful to me - it's the hip-hop style of a 40's movie in the trailer that kills it. That music is just terrible for this type of trailer, and I can only hope that this is not the overall tone of the movie.

The theatrical trailer was pretty good, but I've seen the pandering TV trailers that ____ty it up. Come on GL, you're better than that. Stupid demos.

Yea, I haven't seen the theatrical trailer. Just the awful tv spots.

I don't know about other chains, but why is Carmike selling group tickets to this for $6? Why this movie?

Saw it today and have to say that I enjoyed it immensely. I'm the first to scoff at the "white establishment" conspiracy theories, but the reviews for this film are so overwhelmingly negative makes me actually think there may be a conspiracy afoot.

Sure it's corny at times, the opening scene is especially poorly done as exposition and the motivational speech is just as cliche as it appears in the trailers. It's old-fashioned and sentimental too - but the aerial combat scenes are fantastic and the performances are excellent for the most part. Perhaps the reviews had me going in with low expectations, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Leave your cynicism at the door - just for great WWII action and a throwback to a time when all Germans were evil - it's well worth it.

Back