LOTR trilogy comming soon on HD DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool... I hope so to. Will purchase a HD-DVD player (maybe just the expansion for the Xbox360) just for this :D

That is great news for us 360 owners. Can't wait for that. I just hope SW is HD-DVD as well.

gambit said:
What is 360 :eek:

If there will be extra scenes to the box set gift packs , I might buy as well , as LOTR is my best trilogy

I meant the XBox 360. It's going to have a HD-DVD accesory this fall/winter, that's going to be a fraction of the cost of a new HD-DVD player.

Darth Loki said:
That is great news for us 360 owners. Can't wait for that. I just hope SW is HD-DVD as well.

you know lucas will put it out as soon as the new ones come out. yeah i might buy the expansion for the 360 as well. for less than $300 how can you say no???

hairlesswookiee said:
you know lucas will put it out as soon as the new ones come out. yeah i might buy the expansion for the 360 as well. for less than $300 how can you say no???

I almost forgot about the SW regular DVD's. I'm sure nothing will be announced before those come out.

I might just get a Playstation 3 as well, so I can play both types of discs without actually having to cave in and buy one of the "real" players.

HD-DVD on my Xbox 360 and Blu Ray on the Playstation.

Last edited:
Erm . . .this has been known to be in the works, but I'd say you'd be waiting at least a year because there's no way that PJ would want to release it this early. There's not even any rumors about LOTR trilogy on HD-DVD. The only reason why it's even on that list is because New Line is backing the HD-DVD camp. They've already used the LOTR screen shots to compare HD source to DVD source, which I've already seen earlier this year.

All speculation.

I do hope they are released soon (even though I own them in HD already on my HTPC).

PS3 will only play Blu Ray, not HD DVD BTW. So no LOTR HD if you own a PS3.

I'm not getting it either way. Even when I would buy a PS3, I still dont own a tv that will support either format. So whats the use anyway...

hairlesswookiee said:
you know lucas will put it out as soon as the new ones come out.

You clearly were not an early adopter of the original DVD format. ;)

We had to wait 7 years for SW to hit DVD. I'm sure Lucas will wait for a larger market share once again.

link doesnt even work. It closes down your IE session...

But if LOTR comes to HD-DVD soon, this could well be the death-knell for Blu-Ray. Esp if Lucas waits 7 years to release SW.

Either way, I'll be waiting for a dual HD-DVD/BR player (currently being developed i believe) to be released or wait for an outright winner...
Needless to say, I'll jump on board as soon as the above happens and LOTR gets released, upgrading only my absolute favourite films from DVD.

BTW, ive just bought a new top of the range Sony 40" LCD and the picture quality from a hi-def source is absolutely superb. So I cant wait for this...

im probably gonna get the HD player for the 360. im not gonna waste my money on the PS3. i am also gonna cave and buy a DLP after thanksgiving. :chew :chew

Back