LOST discussion - thar be spoilers ahead!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah!!!
So, who died at the end of Season 3? The funeral with no people that Jack went to?? Was it Locke that died, or are there other SSF opinions of who it was in the casket?

i think its locke.............but the casket seemed kinda small to me as i remember.....not kid small but not large. i may be remembering wrong though cuz i have been known to watch lost while drinking. :chug......:monkey3

Great episode. Surprising death(s) and finally some confiramtion that Aaron is one of the Oceanic 6.

Waiting till April 24th will be tough. :monkey2

holy crap...............that was awesome !!!!!!! my mind is blown but somehow i was expecting a lot of the answers that were revealed. they seem to be focusing more toward the finalization of the show but it seems as if the rollercoaster ride that is "lost" is still clicking towards the top before we get to the plunge. awesome as hell episode :chew

Ah!!!
So, who died at the end of Season 3? The funeral with no people that Jack went to?? Was it Locke that died, or are there other SSF opinions of who it was in the casket?

The obit. said that the dead man was survived by a teenage son, it was in a black neighborhood, so it makes me think Michael. I can see them rewriting/not counting the previous obit. and having Walt be in the coffin just to write him out of the show due to the actor aging, but that wouldn't really account for Jack's reaction or no one showing up. I still think it's going to turn out to be Michael.

Whoever it is, they said it will be revealed this season.

After this episode I'm thinking it was Michael too. Before I didn't think it was him because I wasn't sure why he wouldn't have any family or friends at the funeral home, but now I can see why. I can also see why Jack would be distraught at his death.

Can someone fill me in on the first 15 minutes? I forgot it was Thursday and missed it.

oh hell no............not claire !!!!!! she's way too hot to die. :monkey5
there arent enough :monkey2 :monkey2 to post if that happens.
but in all reality it might make sense with kate having aron and she isnt a oceanic 6 survivor. thats still gonna suck if she does kick it.

I agree. I like Claire, always thought she was the most attractive girl on the show.

Good episode, and they did follow through with their promise from last week, someone certainly died. I knew they weren't hinting toward Jin. It would have been too predictable considering Jin and Sun were the focus of the previous episode.

The deaths were surprising, but to be honest it felt like a contrived way to move the story along. The preview for this episode that trailed the end of last week's episode made a real big deal of it all, so I really thought one of the major characters would bite the dust. While the characters who actually did end up dying provided a good shock, it felt like a cheat because they were secondary characters who barely had any screen time, so I wasn't emotionally invested in them.

So...Michael cannot kill himself while off the island...but that means if he does eventually die (like some of you predicted), he'll have to have set foot on the island again, right? I'm confused.

Last edited:
Can anybody clarify this one for me: Is Tom undying as well or did Michael's flashback simply occur Before Tom was killed? I can't quite place the timeline.

Btw, I'll really miss Rouseau. I've been a big fan of Mira Furlan from her Babylon 5 days. Of course, like any dead character on LOST, she may be in some flashbacks. Which brings me back to the Tom question!

Anyone else get a giggle from Tom getting some man-on-man action while off the island? Fun twist for his character.

you got a hint of this a while back when he gave kate a dress to wear & she was kinda freaked he was standing there watching and he said something to the effect of "your not my type"..........the way he said it led me to believe he was gay.

Plasmid, I'm thinking the island won't let Michael die because it still needs him to do things. I think that's what Tom or Ben (one of the two said) but once he does whatever stuff needs to happen then he will have the ability to die alone. For me it's really kind of sad to see such a strong character so broken. I think its a good reminder how fragile we can be.

Good episode. Liked how Sayid giving michael up relates to his flashforward when Ben chastises him for "thinking with his heart and not with his gun." Maybe that's what he was talking about, maybe it wasn't, but I think it was.

Anybody else think that Ben sent his daughter/etc off to just get them killed so he can have his daughter all to himself again. That was interesting.

Anybody else think that Ben sent his daughter/etc off to just get them killed so he can have his daughter all to himself again. That was interesting.

It certainly seems that Ben's map was leading them into a trap. I don't believe that Danielle is truly dead, but there's a good chance that Ben saw to it that Karl was taken out. Ben doesn't want Alex to leave the island and if Karl got her pregnant she would be doomed if she stayed, so it makes sense that Ben would make a move to deal with that possibility.

On the other hand, Lapidus apparently flew Keamy to the island. They showed us Keamy's target practice for a reason--either to set us up for an island incursion or as a bit of misdirection so we would think of him rather than Ben as being behind the sniper fire.

Anyway, Michael left the island with Walt in late November and has returned in late December, and I'm having a hard time compressing all of the events of his flashback into a mere month. Giving him time to be rescued and then to meet up with the freighter and sail back to the island, we are only left with about a week or so for him to have a problem with his mom and Walt, get suicidal, heal from the car wreck, etc. Michael's mom confirmed that he returned to NYC after an absence of two months, so island time and NYC time appear to be synching up pretty normally (ruining my theory about Michael jumping into the past upon sailing away from the island on Ben's heading). I don't buy that he would so quickly be ready to kill himself and abandon Walt after such a brief period of trouble after their rescue.

Also, Tom was only off the show for about a week (island time) between the Others leaving the Hydra island in "Stranger in a Strange Land" and him showing up again at the barracks playing football with Jack in "Par Avion." That means that Michael's encounter with Tom in NYC took place about two weeks after he sailed away with Walt in "Live Together, Die Alone." This would have been in the middle of December--hence the Christmas decorations seen in the flashback. So it appears that Michael had only been back in NYC for a week or so at that point and was already ready to write off his relationship with Walt and kill himself.

:confused:

It certainly seems that Ben's map was leading them into a trap. I don't believe that Danielle is truly dead, but there's a good chance that Ben saw to it that Karl was taken out. Ben doesn't want Alex to leave the island and if Karl got her pregnant she would be doomed if she stayed, so it makes sense that Ben would make a move to deal with that possibility.

On the other hand, Lapidus apparently flew Keamy to the island. They showed us Keamy's target practice for a reason--either to set us up for an island incursion or as a bit of misdirection so we would think of him rather than Ben as being behind the sniper fire.

Anyway, Michael left the island with Walt in late November and has returned in late December, and I'm having a hard time compressing all of the events of his flashback into a mere month. Giving him time to be rescued and then to meet up with the freighter and sail back to the island, we are only left with about a week or so for him to have a problem with his mom and Walt, get suicidal, heal from the car wreck, etc. Michael's mom confirmed that he returned to NYC after an absence of two months, so island time and NYC time appear to be synching up pretty normally (ruining my theory about Michael jumping into the past upon sailing away from the island on Ben's heading). I don't buy that he would so quickly be ready to kill himself and abandon Walt after such a brief period of trouble after their rescue.

Also, Tom was only off the show for about a week (island time) between the Others leaving the Hydra island in "Stranger in a Strange Land" and him showing up again at the barracks playing football with Jack in "Par Avion." That means that Michael's encounter with Tom in NYC took place about two weeks after he sailed away with Walt in "Live Together, Die Alone." This would have been in the middle of December--hence the Christmas decorations seen in the flashback. So it appears that Michael had only been back in NYC for a week or so at that point and was already ready to write off his relationship with Walt and kill himself.

:confused:
Well, I guess Michael couldn't live with the guilt of AnaL and Libby for more than a few weeks. It was odd having Libby back for about 2 seconds of screen time. It would have been Lostish to have Michael back for so little and then to kill him off.

Back