LOST discussion - thar be spoilers ahead!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Jack's flashforward was a pretty good distance in to the future given that Hurley's is beofre that and Kate's appears to be as well. And Sun's is before Hurley's.

How do you know Sun's is before Hurley's??? Maybe Hurley got released... also, remember Jack went to visit him when he was still at the hospital and hadn't lost it yet, so it was early after their arrival. Sun was only two months pregs, so it was possible they had been home for almost 7 months when she gave birth. We don't know how long after the birth that Hurley visited, so it could be any amount of time... Hurley could have been released at any time during that time frame. It is almost impossible to put the "flash forwards" in any kind of correct order because we just don't have enough info yet...

The episode just ended over here on the west coast. Good episode, but once again we're presented with a few mysteries that won't be solved before the 5 week hiatus:

1. 324 dead bodies inside the "crashed" Oceanic 815. WHAT?
2. Jin's death. tombstone actually reads 9/22/04, so he's still alive on the island?
3. The boat. Cabin fever? Is the captain trustworthy? Whidmore? BEN? 324?

I really hope next week's episode will finish on a high mark, because afterwards it's gonna be a painfully long 5 week wait.

Last edited:
The episode just ended over here on the west coast. Good episode, but once again we're presented with a few mysteries that won't be solved before the 5 week hiatus:

2. Jin's death. tombstone actually reads 9/22/04, so he's still alive on the island?

I really hope next week's episode finished on a high mark, because afterwards it's gonna be a painfully long 5 week wait.

If he was still on the island, I really doubt they would go to his grave and act like he died. I think he is just dead. Probably dies saving Sun/the baby. Heck "Somebody dies" next week, so Jin is obviously a likely candidate now.

Yeah, but his tombstone reads 9/22/04. Is that only to throw us off? I guess the easy reason would be that none of the passengers could really keep up with the actual date of his death because time on the island is messed up, so they just chose the date of the crash.

Someone dies next week, it could be Jin, but that'd be waaaaay too easy. The writers wouldn't just make it that predictable. It has to be someone else.

If he was still on the island, I really doubt they would go to his grave and act like he died. I think he is just dead. Probably dies saving Sun/the baby. Heck "Somebody dies" next week, so Jin is obviously a likely candidate now.

Especially since he got a DWI during the off-season.

Especially since he got a DWI during the off-season.

Not good to run amuck with the law if you appear on LOST... Just ask these dead ladies.

2005-12-michelle-rodriguez.jpg

2005-12-cynthia-watro-drunk.jpg

:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember they think only 8 people survived the crash and two others died on the island. So all but 8 people are going to get a death date of the plane crash. Jin could still be on the island, but like Buttmunch if he was I don't think they would visit his grave and act as much as if he were dead. The one exception I can come up with is if they left him on the island and think he is dead.

I really hope next week's episode will finish on a high mark, because afterwards it's gonna be a painfully long 5 week wait.

Well in Kate's flash forward, she said that 8 survived the crash and 6 made it off. SO, with Jin's death being 9/22/04, to keep that lie up, he was probably one of the ones they said "died" in the crash

Well in Kate's flash forward, she said that 8 survived the crash and 6 made it off. SO, with Jin's death being 9/22/04, to keep that lie up, he was probably one of the ones they said "died" in the crash

Yep. Jin is alive and on the island still, as it's being covered up by the Oceanic 6 saying everybody else died.

What every body has to remember is, is that the Oceanic 6 are being watched. Remember when Hurley visited Sun in his suit in last nights episode? He asked "Is anyone else coming?" and Sun replies "No". What does Hurley say? He says "Good." This is to keep things less obvious to the world.

They visit Jin's "burial place" because it's the only connection Sun has to Jin. His body isn't there, and given that the tombstone has the date of the crash on it, he's assumed to have died in the crash.

Which begs the question of why Jin stayed behind. If Jin is still alive it's going to make a really good episode when he and Sun are reunited. Personally I kinda think he is dead.

Which begs the question of why Jin stayed behind. If Jin is still alive it's going to make a really good episode when he and Sun are reunited. Personally I kinda think he is dead.

I still go back to the theory that if Jin were to leave the island he would die IMMEDIATELY (the island's time bending power is keeping him alive) and that is why he's back there while Sun who did not "die" in the crash can effectively leave the island... and she had to for the sake of her unborn child. The list that is often referred to is the list of people who can never leave----

Neil, interesting, what would allow somee to leave and some to stay?

I think he means that if someone who was dying off the island leaves, they would die. So the people that were dying wouldn't want to leave because they would die. But I don't remember it saying anywhere that Jin was sick???

OR, do you mean that someone would kill him?

How about this??? Suppose all but 8 people really are supposed to die on the plane, but the island is keeping them alive. Just like Desmond's visions for Charlie, almost everyone else will die in time, some way or some how. If they leave the island, death will catch up to them almost instantly... just a ramblin' thought...

How about this??? Suppose all but 8 people really are supposed to die on the plane, but the island is keeping them alive. Just like Desmond's visions for Charlie, almost everyone else will die in time, some way or some how. If they leave the island, death will catch up to them almost instantly... just a ramblin' thought...

Good thought indeed, but i'm still not convinced that Jin is dead, and that he isn't still chillin' on the island with those left behind. There is a reason that Jack and Hurley want to go back to the island.

I'm a fan of Jin though, so half of my theory is hope :eek:

Did anyone else notice that they played the flashback music to Sun's flashforward. Don't know if this was a trick to allude to Jin's flashback, but they haven't done that to anybody else's flashforward.

Back