Lorne Preview is up!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kain's Ancient Blade said:
Looks awesome. I'm a huge Angel fan. I can't wait to see whats next in this line. I would kill for an Illyria fig. Lorne's outfit looks like the one diamond released a few years ago.

I love that the first 3 Angel figures are core characters and announced so quickly, but it also brings back my distaste for the slowness of new core releases and abundance of retreads and small-edition non-core monsters done in the Buffy line. Giles' release makes me happy, but I worry that he's more of a capstone for the 12" Buffy line than a sign of things to come.

Will we ever see Tara for example? She and Willow were an amazingly popular couple on the show, and while DST is casting them in interlocking resin busts and giving us multiple resin Willows with good likeness, there's no Tara or decent-looking Willow in sight for Sideshow. An Anya to go with Xander seems an impossibility given Sideshow's tack. But heck, even Dawn would sell better than Der Kindestod or D'Hoffryn, based on core appeal and cute-girl appeal alone (DST's Dawn line has sold very strongly; their OMWF and The Gift variants are gorgeous).

I hope I'm wrong and Giles isn't the last new 12" Buffy human we see for awhile (or ever). But he feels like it. As Angel gears up I'm happy to have great new core Whedonverse figures--but sad that Buffy seems to be shifting to the back burner with a few core later-season characters unmade. I'm glad the original core Scoobies will now be complete (if we can count the oft-derided version of Willow we got), but from the middle of S4 to S7 there was a new dynamic with popular core characters added, and S5 especially is a favorite for many. I hope we'll eventually get the rest of the crew. Imagine never getting Fred or Illyria just because they weren't there from the start...

Last edited:
I'm sure we will get Anya and Anyanka, and maybe Tara, Dawn, Glory, Riley, Vamp Xander, William the Bloody and a new Willow (I know, I might be dreaming :monkey3 ). They released D'H and DK, also Darla who was on 3 episodes (just counting the "Buffy" ones), if they don't release Dawn, Anya and Tara, life's just not fair.

SergeiEsenin said:
I love that the first 3 Angel figures are core characters and announced so quickly, but it also brings back my distaste for the slowness of new core releases and abundance of retreads and small-edition non-core monsters done in the Buffy line. Giles' release makes me happy, but I worry that he's more of a capstone for the 12" Buffy line than a sign of things to come.

Way back when didn't SSC reckon they had a Buffy masterplan mapped out with slow release of scoobies amid assorted monsters? Seems now that the Angel line is focusing on core characters straight off SSC might have seen the error of their original ways (especially with the reluctance of some limited edition bad guys to sell out) and are rethinking the Buffy line?

I'm hoping Giles (woo hoo! At last!) will be the start of a Scooby rich run of Buffy figures over the next two or three years.

SergeiEsenin said:
Will we ever see Tara for example?

We'd better ;) I still have my blazing torch and pitchfork in the wardrobe just in case ;)

I take my hat off to the sculptors involved in the creation of the likes of Der Kindestod and D'Hoffryn... but I have no real love for characters and don't want random monsters amid my already overcluttered shelves so that money goes elsewhere. But, while I'm not a fan of Dawn either I'd still buy her to round out my set of Scoobies.

Nick

This is new?? :rolleyes:
MyCustom-Lorne01.bmp

Would've preferred Wesley or Doyle.

I got mine! This is my first pre-order directly from the SSC website. It was worth with the $9.99 shipping offer :rotfl I'm so happy!!!

olvidadero said:
I got mine! This is my first pre-order directly from the SSC website. It was worth with the $9.99 shipping offer :rotfl I'm so happy!!!

Actually the shipping specials won't apply to preorders. They are for instock items only

Thanks for letting me know that! I got the offer details all wrong. I cancelled it and I'll try to get it from forbidden planet. :monkey3

Back