Lorne pictures!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Rage said:
Looks good to me. Thanks for the pics!:cool: I do wish they would release the ES so I know if I should pick up a second.

Actually I'd like to know the ES so I can gauge it's general success... to figure out if there is going to be anymore figures from this line or not. It will not bode too well if the numbers aren't there.

We will probably have the definitive answer come Toy Fair. I'm hoping that Sideshow put a few figures in the development pipe line before any perceived "sh## the fan."

Hate to see the line end before it truly begins. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Protozaius said:
Actually I'd like to know the ES so I can gauge it's general success... to figure out if there is going to be anymore figures from this line or not. It will not bode too well if the numbers aren't there.

We will probably have the definitive answer come Toy Fair. I'm hoping that Sideshow put a few figures in the development pipe line before any perceived "sh## the fan."

Hate to see the line end before it truly begins. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2
I'm praying for at least one new announcement at Toyfair. It truly would be a shame if the line ended before we get at least Wes, Gunn and Fred to finish off the team. I never expected this line to run as long the Buffy line, but six measley figures isn't too much to ask I don't think. If it ends with Lorne, it would've been better if they'd just never done it at all.

^ I do agree with that. Cordelia could've been added to the Buffy line instead.

The lack of info is really getting frustrating. Why Sideshow likes to leave us twisting in the wind like this is beyond me.

If the Angel line is going to continue, at least let us know something to keep our hopes up. If it's being put to rest, be decent enough to tell us so and don't leave us here foolishly waiting for something that's never going to come.

TheObsoleteMan said:
The lack of info is really getting frustrating. Why Sideshow likes to leave us twisting in the wind like this is beyond me.

If the Angel line is going to continue, at least let us know something to keep our hopes up. If it's being put to rest, be decent enough to tell us so and don't leave us here foolishly waiting for something that's never going to come.

agree with you 100% obsolete man. Three more figures are needed PDQ

A little heads up would be nice. An announcement that says they're backed up for at least 6 months on Star Wars, then we have a new figure on the blackboard, or we have no plans for anymore Angel or Buffy figures this year.

Protozaius said:
Wow... sold out without announcing the edition size? This can't be a good sign, can it? :confused:
Honestly, I'm so confused by the state of the Angel line right now I couldn't tell you if it's good or bad.

I got the "creditcard declined" on the 10th, but I have absolutely no money until the 25th, so I couldn't pay.(Debitcard) And now, just 2 days to go, it's sold out!!:monkey2 Waitlist it is then. Hope he's not another D'Hoffryn though.

I got my Lorne today... and I think he is just fantastic. It's a spot on sculpt and the paint aps are just great. Overall, I think it looks as good if not slightly better than the prototype. I believe the proto was a little over-painted.

My only complaint is that the base to my figure is slightly warped. With a simple touch of the base, I can make my Lorne dance!:lol :rotfl :lol

JoeSweden said:
I got the "creditcard declined" on the 10th, but I have absolutely no money until the 25th, so I couldn't pay.(Debitcard) And now, just 2 days to go, it's sold out!!:monkey2 Waitlist it is then. Hope he's not another D'Hoffryn though.

Hmm - I still haven't heard anything on the D'Hoffryn waitlist... guess it didn't come through for me.

Sire said:
Wow sold out already! Im glad i got mine of ebay yesterday then!

Sire, what is in your signature? Is that Buffy? I have no idea, but the art looks fantastic. What comic is that art from?

Its from the Buffy season 8 comic written by Joss whedon coming out in march.

BUFFY2_1_ALT_FC_clr_t.jpg

Heres the full image, i think its going to be the varient cover of issue one

I got my Lorne very early this morning.
Just look at a snippet of my Tracking info:
Jan 23, 2007 10:10 PM Delivered Independence, MO
8:46 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery KANSAS CITY, MO
4:52 AM At local FedEx facility KANSAS CITY, MO
4:49 AM Arrived at FedEx location KANSAS CITY, MO
12:50 AM Departed FedEx location LENEXA, KS
Jan 22, 2007 8:26 PM Arrived at FedEx location LENEXA, KS
You may think it's cool that they deliver so late, but this is also what my tracking info always says:
Service type Home Delivery-Direct Signature Required
Needles to say, I didn't sign for it at 10 PM if I found it on my porch at 5 AM.
I'm really getting irritated by both Fed Ex and UPS not getting a signature, I had one Sideshow Star Wars figure go missing at the time of delivery already, and I don't want to repeat that experience.

On to Lorne, He turned out great! The head sculpt looks different somehow like it was slightly warped around the mouth area, yet it's a improvement. He looks like he's smiling.
Paint looks okay. He could use a bit more mottling around his face but overall it's quite good.
The suit is both stellar and less detailed than it should be. There are pictures inside the front flap of the actual costume and the shirt collar there is much larger like a 70's shirt collar. It also appears striped in the photo, on the figure it's a solid color.
Another issue is that Sideshow didn't use the styrofoam end caps on the box. As a result, the box was a little worn and dented. I guess Sideshow doesn't care unless the product is Star Wars related.
Lastly, his head is a little on the large side.
Overall, He's much better then I had anticipated. The suit is Sideshow's usual level of excellence. I didn't notice until I got mine that he has a few 1:6 scale transparent buttons. His accessories are also great. I don't think there is any reuse here with the exception of the martini glass.
I wasn't liking the color choice of his suit when first announced but it looks good on him and really makes him pop on the shelf. :D

Speaking of shipping, did anyone notice that Lorne (as well as Cordelia) was shipped in the regular shipping box... not with the extra protective styrofoam end cushions that both Bib Fortuna and Darth Maul were shipped with.

Now, I'm not one to get wigged out at a damaged box since I open all of my fiugres. Yet, I just found the difference in the treatment of the two lines... interesting.

Lorne... a second class collectible? :rolleyes:

Protozaius said:
Speaking of shipping, did anyone notice that Lorne (as well as Cordelia) was shipped in the regular shipping box... not with the extra protective styrofoam end cushions that both Bib Fortuna and Darth Maul were shipped with.

Now, I'm not one to get wigged out at a damaged box since I open all of my fiugres. Yet, I just found the difference in the treatment of the two lines... interesting.

Lorne... a second class collectible? :rolleyes:
I mentioned it above.

It's because they know Buffy/Angel collectors won't bombard them with requests for replacement boxes like the Star wars collectors. Hell, we're just happy to get anything new.

Back