Lord of The Rings Online.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beren said:
EA has the film license and the other company can make games based on the book.

Actually, EA Games now has the rights to the books as well, so they can now include characters and events not depicted in the film. Battle for Middle Earth II had Tom Bombadil along with Ian McKellen's Gandalf and Hugo Weaving's Elrond, for example.

But LOTR online will not draw upon the film material, so don't expect Shore's music or the voices and likenesses of the cast as in the EA games.

you got this on preorder J? Is there any chance it will sell out?

I'm going to wait to preorder until they announce the details of the Collector's Edition. If there is a really cool in-game item included then I might like to get it.

tomandshell said:
I'm going to wait to preorder until they announce the details of the Collector's Edition. If there is a really cool in-game item included then I might like to get it.

One of the questions I asked while I was preordering today was if I can change my preorder to a CE if one were released. Yep, you can.

Kind of suprised that the system requirements are not a little higher, but oh well, I have them. I want to play this game now. We can have our own SS Freak fellowship, i call dibs on gandalf !!!!!

(but you probably can't be him :monkey2 :monkey2 )

I don't know, but during my free 10 day trial of WOW I had to keep creating new characters because I was going to have to wait 30-45 minutes to get on the busy server as my main character.

I assume that LOTR online won't be like that!!

STONE TROLLS!!!

926.jpg

Bodie The Cursed said:
How many servers are there? Or will there be?

Unknown at this time but I'm guessing 10 - 15 initially. Will most likely depend on preorder sales and initial monitoring of launch load.

:drool indeed.

Graphically, this game is quite impressive for an MMO.

Interesting side note:

LOTRO is at the top of EB/Gamestop's best seller list today. We are talking all gaming platforms. :ogat

One game to rule them all...

Not too shabby considering open beta doesn't start until March 30th for preorders (Founders Program) and April 6th for the general public.

Back