Lord of The Rings Online.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dwimmerlaik said:
Do you know if there will be a free server?? right now im playing a game called Lineage 2 and im in a freee server i dont like to pay for playing a game

No free server. Why would anyone choose to pay if they had an option to play for free? I'm not sure how these free server business models work but I'm guessing when interest in a game hits bottom they make the service free so they can continue to sell the remaining stock of software.

When a game with an IP like LOTR launches, they will have to support a very large user base (judging by the preorder sales - many servers / lots of maintenance), thereby making it a costly proposition to make the service free.

I'm digging in!! Picked up the "Demo/Beta" disc and I've spent the loading time reading this thread! Can't wait till the Open Beta!

Last edited:
Help Please

I'm having great fun!! Bcos of puter probs too varied to bore you with, I'm way behind with LOTRO.

There's a number of questions here: Answers to any/all mucho appreciated.

1. I have the " Online Pre-order Bonus Pack". I've only just registed my 10 day activation code with Codemasters, cos of said puter problems.
I don't yet have a full ver. As 24 April has passed, can I stil play the beta?

2. With the bonus pack, I have a £5 voucher from Codemasters. They say they're out of stock of the "Special Edition". Being a nit, I thought they'd allow me to set an order up, then get charged when software arrives. Their system just deletes my basket and says I can't do it that way .....go to Game estore www.game.co.uk
Why have they sent me a voucher I can't use? I have emailed them, but am really frustrated.

3. Amazon UK have the basic version, but not the Special software.
Does anyone know if amazon will have the special ver in UK?

4. I've just discovered some software on ebay. Would I be better just getting it from them?

Lastly, I've never played this kinda game b4. I need some advice/tutelage. Any offers?

Thanks peeps :confused:

TC the Frustrated :monkey1

Last edited:
Question to you crafters out there:

I have a TON of recipes as you all must have. When I open up the craft window at a forge or workbench, how do I use a recipe? Is that where you use a recipe? I'm just assuming that.

Some professions require a forge or workbench to craft. You also need to equip your specific tool (hammer, axe, etc.) to your character--press "C" and drag the tool from your inventory to your tool slot (to the right of your weapon slots).

Press "T" to open the crafting panel when you are next to the appropriate forge, etc.

tomandshell said:
Some professions require a forge or workbench to craft. You also need to equip your specific tool (hammer, axe, etc.) to your character--press "C" and drag the tool from your inventory to your tool slot (to the right of your weapon slots).

Press "T" to open the crafting panel when you are next to the appropriate forge, etc.

I got part so far, but the actual recipe that you find off enemies. Like Light Sword Recipe. It shows up in your inventory and then when you highlight it there is the recipe and a sword next to it. How do you use the recipe to make the sword it says it can make? Unless I'm a complete idiot and am missing the point.

With regards to the recipes, keep in mind that you have to have the right profession/vocation and there may be level requirements as well.

I did, since it went free. Got a lvl65 Champ and working on a RK now (lvl42).

Nothing like visiting Bag End or Rivendell, chatting with Elrond, Bilbo, Frodo, Aragorn, etc and of course, killing endless Orcs is always fun.

I've purchased one $50 TP package, when it was on extra bonus points and then only used that plus in game earned TP for generally account wide items when on special.

So I've got all but two quest packs, 5 character slots (I did buy the Moria retail box pretty early, so that got me cheap Moria/Loth/RK/Warden, etc), all bags, trait slots, no gold cap, etc on the 5 characters I made while I had the 30 days VIP from Moria.

I don't buy the silly little things from the store, I'm either happy to give it a miss or grind it out.

Back