Lord of The Rings Online.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nash said:
Tom, is the game similar to WOW in that when you find new weapons or armor it will change the apperance of your character?

From what I've witnessed with my brother playing WOW, that's the coolest aspect of the game...having the chance to totally set yourself apart from the rest of the people in the world with rare or unique looking armor and weapons.

Yes, you start out with the basic clothes and continue to upgrade your gear as you progress. It's always fun to get nicer and better looking clothes to set your character apart visually from those around you.

Seth Gecko said:
I'll be getting it. we all gotta get on the same server etc and do it up.

Sounds like fun!!!

The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar - MMORPG

A search for an existing thread came up negative. What a great weekend. Leggy arrived and finally had the chance to beta test.

I'm happy to report this game is coming along rather well. It's much further along than I thought it would be with a few months before launch.

Anyone getting it? Here's the details on the "Founder" preorder:

Special Pricing:
$9.99 Monthly OR
$199 Lifetime

Open Beta Privileges:
Early Access — Be among the first to play
Keep your character after launch

Unique In-game Items:
Enchanted Cloak of Regeneration
Ring of Agility

Any Questions? https://www.lotro.com/index.php?page_id=103

I participated in this past weekends events and I'm sold. Looking forward to the Sideshow Fellowship. :ring

Yeah, my brother-in-law has been beta-testing this one as well. Not seen it for myself, but he has been very excited about it.

Yeah can you be other types of people? Elves, Dwarves etc? I'd assume so, but what's the deal on that? Tom your review has gotten me interested. I nevere EVER played anything like this, not WOW or Galaxies but this for some reason is hooking me. Maybe because' I'm reading the books for the first time since highschool and getting all dorked out again over J.R.R.T. but I gotta check this out. I also hope, that one day, you can be a Wraith!

Unfortunately, this is not based on the designs of the LOTR film adaptations, is it? Has anyone played FOTR, I think it's the same company? EA has the film license and the other company can make games based on the book. I wasn't too impressed with FOTR, then again I never went far with it, especially after reading reviews AFTER I bought the game....

If this were based on the PJ version, I'd be ALL over it, never having played any subscription online thingies... walk through Minas Tirith, sigh....

Beren

I LOVED fotr. Don't read the reviews, they can have a different opinion to you. I enjoyed wandering around and meeting people on it - The Shire, Tom Bombadil, Moria.....it's a great game.

The company was Vivendi Universal, a Black Labels game I think. But I thought EA had snapped up the book rights too, and that's why they were able to include non movie stuff in their games?

SO, I hear you can bump into the fellowship, have you done that yet Tom? And have you met Tom Bombadil and Goldberry in the woods? Ran away from a black rider?

Bodie The Cursed said:
Once again, thank you.

No problem. BTW, I just got back from placing my preorder with my local EB Games. The Manager said they should be getting in the preorder retail boxes later in the week. :ogat

Here you go but keep in mind, this game, as most others nowadays, have an optional "detect optimium settings" check box in the setup menu and will nerf your graphic fidelity according to your detected hardware.

https://www.lotro.com/index.php?page_id=104

Anticipated Retail Recommended Requirements:
Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 1.8 GHz or equivalent
Video: 64 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 3 or ATI® Radeon® 8500
DirectX: DirectX® 9.0c
RAM: 512 MB
Disk Space: 7 GB available
Internet: 56kbps Modem
Optical Drive: 2x DVD-ROM

Beta minimum System Requirements
Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 2.4 GHz or equivalent
Video: 64 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 3 or ATI® Radeon® 8500