Lord of the Rings: Conquest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played the demo. I don't think I am going to buy it. It's a "hack and slash" special and I think the Multiplayer will get boring VERY fast.

Have you played Star Wars BF? If so, how did it compare?

Nothing alike IMO. I guess the view of the character you're using is similar, but that's about it IMO. Actually it might be semi similar to when you were being a Jedi in BF when you would run around and use the light saber.

I also think the graphics were a major let down. They almost remind me of going back to a PS2 or original XBox as opposed to a 360 or PS3.

To sum the game up you just run around and "hack and slash" you way through pressing the same button combos over and over for the most part. I won't say it's not fun at all because I think the story mode might be, but I think the MP will be VERY boring after you have played it for a short time.

Have you played Star Wars BF? If so, how did it compare?

The biggest difference between this and BF and Kit brought this up during gears last night was certain classes have combo's and at times I felt like I was playing Dynasty Warriors. Mostly your moves consist of holding down the lb button and pressing the x, y, or b buttons to do different attacks. I think when the game comes out that most people will like it but if you are worried about it just rent it first that way you are not out 60 bucks.

Yeah, the moves seem to be fairly basic but for me that's one of the things I like. I found it kind of fun running around hacking and slashing my way through the Battle of Last Alliance. So I'm really looking forward to doing this through the entire story of LOTR and then again as the evil side of the story. The MP was really fun I thought. I played a couple times in the shire and a couple times in Minas Tirith. People where all kinds of characters and trying to kill Tree Beard and the Battle Troll where hard. The Battle Troll grabbed me and ripped me in half.

Kit is right though it compares to BF as far as when you're a Jedi. So the game play is similar when you get to being a Jedi.

If folks don't like basic hack and slash games this probably won't be for them. However, just from what I've played of the Demo I think it will be a pretty sweet game.

I'm curious as to why?

Simple, I didn't like the graphics. The gameplay is weak. It WILL be repetitive. No one will play it. It takes you 5 minutes to even swing your weapon. The list could go on. But since I don't have anything positive to contribute here or plan on touching this game ever again......:wave

Simple, I didn't like the graphics. The gameplay is weak. It WILL be repetitive. No one will play it. It takes you 5 minutes to even swing your weapon. The list could go on. But since I don't have anything positive to contribute here or plan on touching this game ever again......:wave

I disagree no one will play it. I plan on it and it looks like several here will. Maybe not many from the brotherhood but thats ok. The rest like I said in a post above I really liked. The graphics are a bit weak but I liked the hack/slash nature of the game. I didn't notice a long wait to swing the weapin at least not when I played it yesterday but I need to play more of the Demo.

I just think it's REALLY, REAAAAAAAALLY repetitive. Same moves, same action all the way through. The enemy units show no thought process at all. It's just wave of stupid AI after waive of stupid AI. In many games the AI shows a thought process in how they attack and they don't just keep running at you slashing the whole time like they do in this game.

I'll be honest, if this didn't have LOTR in the title it would probably sell about 3 copies worldwide.

I just think it's REALLY, REAAAAAAAALLY repetitive. Same moves, same action all the way through. The enemy units show no thought process at all. It's just wave of stupid AI after waive of stupid AI. In many games the AI shows a thought process in how they attack and they don't just keep running at you slashing the whole time like they do in this game.

I'll be honest, if this didn't have LOTR in the title it would probably sell about 3 copies worldwide.

Yeah, they do just keep running at ya. :lol Guess I like a game here and there where I can just hack and slash my way through. As far as selling I don't know they keep making games like this so there have to be people buying them and they don't all have LOTR in the title.

I'm looking forward to it and think it'll be a nice game to mix in.

Edit: For the record I'm not trying to be argumentative

Last edited:
For me, this would be a $20 game. I'd buy it at that price and just have fun with it. No way I could drop $60 on it though. I love LOTR so I think I'd have a bit of fun, but not $60 worth and for only a short period of time.

I don't think you're being argumentative at all. we are just giving our opinions.

For me, this would be a $20 game. I'd buy it at that price and just have fun with it. No way I could drop $60 on it though. I love LOTR so I think I'd have a bit of fun, but not $60 worth and for only a short period of time.

I don't think you're being argumentative at all. we are just giving our opinions.

I understand. I've got a couple games that I haven't played yet that I'm thinking I should have waited to buy. I just can't pass up not getting this game at launch.

Played the demo. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I think I'll ask for it for my birthday but it's not something I'm dying to pick up. I have more than enough games to keep me busy right now.

It just didn't seem as smooth as the BF games. I'll be looking forward to your reviews once you have it in hand.

When I played the MP I didn't get do use any of the heroes or villians. You must have to play for a while to get to use them on the Demo.

Back