Lopie's Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lopie's MODs, Repaints, Repairs, and Customs

Hey Lopie, great job on your Duros. Did you dye or paint the flight suit?

I sprayed it with flat white spray paint then I brushed on some white acrylic.
I’m also going to make the sleeves longer they’re a little short as you can see.

I really like the space suit it loks better and it does Duane's sculpt justice.

That's awesome, Lopie! I am still trying to decide the fate of the Bossk suits in my pile.

So loving my new addition.

100_2430.jpg

100_2420.jpg

100_2422.jpg

100_2431.jpg

I made some slight detailing work on him.
I used a high gloss for the eyes and gums,
I repainted the teeth and gave the nails a brown wash.

Before
teeth.png

After
100_2403.jpg

100_2433.jpg

100_2435.jpg

Boba's lower ab armour plate is really nicely curved there, how did you bend it without 'rapid melt'? :lol

Boba's lower ab armour plate is really nicely curved there, how did you bend it without 'rapid melt'? :lol

I boiled a cup of hot water and bent both sides of the belly plate then ran it under cold water. I did it really fast my fingers were burning.

Nice little gathering you got going on there:duff

I have got to get me an IG-88

OK, I broke out my old Zuckuss and I decided to give him a make over the first pic is what I was shooting for and the rest of the pics are before and after pic. Let me know what you think. I repainted the entire head including the eyes, I also repainted the gun and some of his armor.

z.jpg

Before
100_2437.jpg

After
100_2443.jpg

100_2439.jpg

100_2449.jpg

100_2442.jpg

100_2444.jpg

Gotta be impressed with the Hasbro sculpt on this guy, really isn't too shabby, but as always let down by their poor paint jobs.

Huge improvements on this Lopie, he just needed some love and attention eh , almost looks sideshow worthy now :clap.

Excellent paint work Lopie, makes me want to crack mine out and get going on it :panic:

You are on a roll Jason, yet another wonderful paint job.

Zuckuss fits right in with the Sideshow stuff now, well done!! :)

Zuckuss looks awesome, have you tried padding his middle? with that and the paint it would look SSC! Love the bossk fury pose

Great job on Zuckuss. Amazing the difference a little makeover can do for some of the hasbro figures.
Did you switch the body out of keep it factory?

Great job on Zuckuss. Amazing the difference a little makeover can do for some of the hasbro figures.
Did you switch the body out of keep it factory?

I'm real happy how this came out. It's still on the Hasbro body, I had to fit the neck joint I snapped it off. I'm working on 4-Lom now.

I'm real happy how this came out. It's still on the Hasbro body, I had to fit the neck joint I snapped it off. I'm working on 4-Lom now.

Hi Lopie,

I have this guy in Storage and was just wondering does the head "boil and pop" or did you have to break it from the body and then repair it?

I love the new paint job you gave him.

Hi Lopie,

I have this guy in Storage and was just wondering does the head "boil and pop" or did you have to break it from the body and then repair it?

I love the new paint job you gave him.

I didn't think about boiling the head, I just ripped it off. Man I should have thought of that.:thud: But I would be careful boiling the head the outfit is really delicate and I think it might melt. If it works let me know. Another board member asked me what paint I use if you want I can take pics of the paint and post what I did.

Back