Lopie's Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lopie's MODs, Repaints, Repairs, and Customs

dont get me wrong,your work itself is great,with great skill and lots of craftsmanship.i just think its a waste of a figure many people try to get hold of
so,if thats being a "****** bag",fine with me

^^^^ agreed. have fun krieg-der-sterne. this is by far the best section on this forum.........:lecture............oh & :peace

i love this shot
100_1266.jpg

tis but a flesh wound............:lol

i had to go back and look at these again. really outstanding details of creepy goodness. :clap

dont get me wrong,your work itself is great,with great skill and lots of craftsmanship.i just think its a waste of a figure many people try to get hold of

TBH, once he bought it, he bought the right to do whatever he wants with it. It's not like he took a 1 of 1 and destroyed it (although that's well withing your right once you pony up the cash). There are plenty of this figure to be had. Technically every thing you buy means there's one less for somebody else.

Like barryo said, it's your opinion and I have no problem with it, or you stating it. But if you think trashing an existing figure is bad, don't look much further. I can't imagine collectively how many figures we've "edited" to make something we want.:lol

this is by far the best section on this forum.........

2nd'd :clap

Uh, I don't get this at all. The sandtroopers are perhaps a little more pricey than the average SS figure to date (that's ALLLLLL about to change with more elaborate stuff like Fett, Grievous, IG-88 and future clones/droids in the works), but they are certainly NOT that hard to come by. Plus, there is a deluxe Sandtrooper coming out in Q3? Q4? Other than tight funds, no one who wants a sandtrooper should have any reason not to have at least one, if not several. If someone who has one wants to chop one up in a creative fashion to make a figure that's just as valid a member of the EU as, say, the blackhole trooper or Grand Admiral Thrawn, I say that's fine. And Lopie DID do a good job of executing (no pun intended) his custom. It's one thing to offer up well-intentioned creative criticism or personal tips/tricks to help a fellow customizer achieve a better effect with a custom, like "Have you thought about using an 'Ogryn Flesh' wash instead of a 'Devlan Mud' wash on the skin folds? Would create a softer look to the face." But to say something like "That sucks!" or "What a waste!" is just bad form and offers nothing other than hard feelings. The beauty of the SW customs threads is that they have a different feel to most of the rest of the SSF boards; they are a supportive, helpful place for friendly banter and to show off one's (very personal) work without fear of sweeping judgements that are little more than the equivalent of flipping the bird.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Actually all these parts were damaged parts from my Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper figures. I had to buy replacement parts from TA. Even the body suite, its a clone trooper suite turned inside-out. I mean who in there right mind would ever take a perfectly good figure and destroy it. Oh yea only about 95% of us. LOL.

I think you miss understood me, but what ever. I now extend the Olive branch of peace to my German Brother and retract your ****** Bag status. Your are Golden again.

Actually all these parts were damaged parts from my Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper figures. I had to buy replacement parts from TA. Even the body suite, its a clone trooper suite turned inside-out. I mean who in there right mind would ever take a perfectly good figure and destroy it. Oh yea only about 95% of us. LOL.

I think you miss understood me, but what ever. I now extend the Olive branch of peace to my German Brother and retract your ****** Bag status. Your are Golden again.

:yess::yess::yess::clap:goodpost:
****** bag:no more!!!:yess::peace

I agree with Khonsu my first custom was a complete and utter failure, but thanks to fellow Freaks who gave me constructive criticism I kept at it. But with negative feedback someone's creative growth may be stifled. We are here to have fun and pass ideas around.

I agree with Khonsu my first custom was a complete and utter failure, but thanks to fellow Freaks who gave me constructive criticism I kept at it. But with negative feedback someone's creative growth may be stifled. We are here to have fun and pass ideas around.

Me to it took me months to pluck up the courage to join the forum and then a while to post my stuff... if it wasn't for the wonderful warm, friendly cuddlely comments I would probably not of continued to post.... I owe so much to this forum and the fellow freaks in this section... we all have one thing in common.... we love dollies :) and we all help and support each other.

I have had dealings with probably most of the folks in this section and they you are all top folks. But misunderstandings do happen as that is the nature of forums and its great that this is been sorted :)

HELL yeah!!! my dollies raise HELLLLLL!!!!........ Lopies are from hell!!

:lol........................awesome................:rock

Don't get me wrong, but as I'm strictly loyal to the empire (and it's style), I personally hate the zombie look and I am sad a trooper armour was abused.

As a customizer, I say: Awesome, well done. Weathering, colour-matching etc. show a high profession!

I'm having a lot of fun with this figure, I took it to work and showed a few of the Dr. And they love it. So I thought it would be cool to make a 1/6 coffin for him, and on the out side of the coffin I can put the imperial logo on it. Off to Walmart

Back