Looking to buy an xbox 360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I'm jumping into the console scene a little late and because most of the guys at my job have an xbox, I was looking to buy one. I have a few questions regarding this. I was interested in a used system in hopes of not only finding a great price but also some games / accessories that might come with it. Is there something I should pay attention to when buying a used system (other then whether or not it works :p)? Is there a new console in the works that I should wait for? And lastly, anyone know of any good deals currently out there?

Heard there may be a price drop on the xbox 360 250gb with Kinect, down from $399 to $299. It may happen in the next couple weeks.

As a person who has both I can honestly say I prefer my 360*probably cause I'm addicted to Fable 2 and the PS3 lacks a game like it I think* still love my PS3 though.

ditto... both great machines, but i too feel the xbox has the edge over the ps3.

Both systems are great but I would HIGHLY recommend purchasing either system new. Both have had their share of problems with failures and such (the 360 moreso than the PS3) and with used, you sometimes you run the risk of getting a faulty system or one that won't last as long.

OP has already said he is going with a 360 because friends/co workers already own one. Not sure why there is a PS3 vs Xbox debate going on.

Also I think finding used games for lower prices on XBOX360 is easier then for PS3. Since you are coming into the console gme late, you have the chance to pickup lots very good titles cheap used now. Even the stores seem to lower the xbox games prices earlier then PS3 games.

old. its online again and its free

id say ps3 cause its exclusives are better and it plays BluRay and if you care for it 3d.

I'd Rather pay for a great experience than not pay and have a crappy one. . .

. . . and the rest of your statement is just hilarious, but its not worth getting into.

OP has already said he is going with a 360 because friends/co workers already own one. Not sure why there is a PS3 vs Xbox debate going on.

Also I think finding used games for lower prices on XBOX360 is easier then for PS3. Since you are coming into the console gme late, you have the chance to pickup lots very good titles cheap used now. Even the stores seem to lower the xbox games prices earlier then PS3 games.

Because Zombie R made it one.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions guys. Yea sorry I didn't mean for this to be a discussion comparing two different systems. I guess my main concern for this was the issue of whether or not to buy this used or new.

Don't forget that Microsoft gives you a two-year warranty when your register a brand new system; I'd also recommend buying new if you can.

Back