Looking for someone that can help with a ttm19 body mod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
might be a easier way, but you can always file it down smoothly to your desire, then repaint it

thanks but I suck with that kind of stuff. Can anyone help? I need it thinned without damaging the rubber.

The 19's neck is already slimmer than a regular muscle neck so I'm not sure you'd even need it slimmed. And it would be impossible to slim it down without damaging the rubber. The rubber is the neck thickness. You can't have it slimmer and intact :cuckoo:

Actually, you can, Elvis1976 knows how to do it. He told me how but i suck at doing that stuff.

Do you have to use acetone or something? Actually melt it away? Thats the only way I can think of that might end up smooth.

What are you planing on making if you don't mind me asking. That might help us narrow down what needs to be done. Also, do you have both the head and body in hand yet?

Easiest thing is to:
Remove the neck plug inside the rubber neck and dremel it.
You will need to thin it down to the max so the neck will be thinner.

That's what he told me. The body will be here Monday. The figure Im making is Nathan Drake but the neck is a tad too thin for the neck, I just need it a little thinner.

I'm thinking he means to actually drill away excess rubber from the inside out. So you're not really making the neck any smaller but making the rubber thinner so it should give more and be less stiff.

Either way, I think he means to remove some of the bulk by removing excess rubber or plastic from the inside so the outside remains intact. But I do think it idea is to remove some bulk to allow the neck to squish more so a smaller opening in a head and push the neck down to fit. :dunno

I think it would be easier to just widing the neck opening of the head IMO.

I'm with you on that, but the base of the head isn't really thick enough. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Back