Looking for new mod for this section - volunteers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should totally be a mod. I've been here for 2,000 years and gave up that argumentative **** years ago.

Now I just tell people what's right and leave when I've had a few.

Not sure what the benefit of being a mod really is, to me it seems like a good way to turn your hobby into a choir, instead of checking out stuff your interested in you would be instead dealing with petty arguments, moving threads out of the wrong section and hunting down and deleting questionable posts. All that with no pay:pfft:

Why not The Josh?

This section mostly requires an occasional firm hand to move things along when it gets too rowdy and that's about it.

Anyone insinuating, asking, promoting, nominating themselves as a mod should not be a mod and ultimately Dave should pick based on what he as the honcho sees as a viable candidate.

I mentioned The Josh because he seems to fit the bill, but I can't remember if he likes DESTRO or not.

260e69e6d67c6294c1ef2da8208c24fbd36db276d0581f72198ee2d15fbd365d.jpg

I think in general anyone can be a mod. It's up to Dave to decide who it will be.

Anyone insinuating, asking, promoting, nominating themselves as a mod should not be a mod and ultimately Dave should pick based on what he as the honcho sees as a viable candidate.

Normally I'd agree 100%. Sounds like anyone volunteering would be a self important buffoon. BUT, the three people who volunteered;Ryan, Scifi, and Rubio, are all class acts and I think any of them would be great. And Dave willpick whomever, but I'd like to see Rubio and Scifi for this board and Ryan on some of the boards he's busier on. The more the merrier Imo if someone wants to volunteer their time cleaning up after the dumps we take on the boards from time to time. :lol

Why not The Josh?

This section mostly requires an occasional firm hand to move things along when it gets too rowdy and that's about it.

I mentioned The Josh because he seems to fit the bill, but I can't remember if he likes DESTRO or not.

Josh is already a mod. :lecture

I think I'd do well as a mod, but I'm not a GI Joe boy, so I probably wouldn't be best for this section. If you need me for some of the other sections, though, I'm in.

Why not The Josh?

I have respect for The Josh... even in spite of his ultimate positive regard.
At least he does the job of a moderator when things get nutty around here.

I volinteered as well, just not in here. sent Dave a PM privately about it, as he asked in his first post. Donno how anyone would feel about that.

Obviously the end of the GI Joe line from Sideshow has made this a wasteland of bitter 80s boys. So we need a new moderator or two.

There will be some requirements if you volunteer.

1) You have to have a history of helpful posts.
2) You can't have a history of negative and/or conspiracy theory posts.
3) You have to have purchased Destro and like him.

PM me if interested.

I disagree with number 3 and think it's unfair.

Why not The Josh?

I have respect for The Josh... even in spite of his ultimate positive regard.
At least he does the job of a moderator when things get nutty around here.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I appreciate it. :duff

Back