Looking for new mod for this section - volunteers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe ANYONE would want to be a mod
Just for the sake of assisting folks who may be thinking about volunteering here--it's a way of helping the boards to function somewhat smoothly, loosely defined. Not that that should be a real incentive, but I think it is a (the) reason to do it. If you're trying to do it for prestige or respect, I would think twice. Lots of the "respect" you'll see will be token or sarcastic in nature, and often outweighed by the slights you'll receive when you have to delete posts, close threads, or infract. People often like to gloat about how the mods here are ridiculed in private or on other forums or whatever. If you're interested in it for the "power," I would think twice again. Mods serve to promote Dave's will here (with obviously a bit of leeway here or there), and he'll reign you in if you aren't doing that. I don't know any mod offhand who hasn't been insulted or harassed in some way due to their duties. It's often more a chore than anything else, and lots of situations are really tricky, and sometimes require you to make judgments that you don't want to make, sometimes against folks who you like. But again. . .necessary if you want a forum that's not the Spawn boards or whatever. I would be wary of someone who wanted to do it for any other reason.

Why do we need a mod in the Joe section anyway, its gonna be a ghost town now that Joe is essentially dead and the hand full of military figure threads that get made average about twenty posts and sink to the bottom :lol

Just for the sake of assisting folks who may be thinking about volunteering here--it's a way of helping the boards to function somewhat smoothly, loosely defined. Not that that should be a real incentive, but I think it is a (the) reason to do it. If you're trying to do it for prestige or respect, I would think twice. Lots of the "respect" you'll see will be token or sarcastic in nature, and often outweighed by the slights you'll receive when you have to delete posts, close threads, or infract. People often like to gloat about how the mods here are ridiculed in private or on other forums or whatever. If you're interested in it for the "power," I would think twice again. Mods serve to promote Dave's will here (with obviously a bit of leeway here or there), and he'll reign you in if you aren't doing that. I don't know any mod offhand who hasn't been insulted or harassed in some way due to their duties. It's often more a chore than anything else, and lots of situations are really tricky, and sometimes require you to make judgments that you don't want to make, sometimes against folks who you like. But again. . .necessary if you want a forum that's not the Spawn boards or whatever. I would be wary of someone who wanted to do it for any other reason.

When's the last time you spent any quality time in the movie section? Little late for that. :lol

Back