Looking for a smaller "1/6 scale" base body ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundergod

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone in the U.k looking for a smaller base body to use for bashes could do far worse than pick up the recent Doctor Who "10 inch" ( Matt Smith ). They're popping up heavily discounted in a number of shops , I found them in my local " B+M Bargains " for £3.99 . I bought one purely out of curiosity as to be honest , in the box the figure looks very "toy-like" and not too promising . But , when I got the Time Lord out of his cardboard confinement , I was pleasantly surprised . The headsculpt is pretty good and cries out for a repaint and the outfit , though a little ill fitting in the jacket department , is also quite presentable . What really impressed me though is the body under the outfit . It's SUPERBLY articulated , all the joints being smooth and with just the right amount of stiffness , holding poses brilliantly . I'm tempted to ponder the question of how Sideshow have struggled for years to produce a good quality body and yet "Character" have managed to pull it off with this release . I suspect this is the same body that's used for the companies "H.M Armed Forces" range of figures and if this is so , I'll be on the lookout for some of those as well . It's a real shame that the chosen scale isn't true 1/6 , as if it was I'd be using them for most , if not all of my customs . As it stands , I'll definately be grabbing a few more Doctors ( at this price ! ) , because you never know when you'll need a small body for a teen sidekick or smaller Star Wars alien ! :wink1:
2013-03-09212401_zpsa98ece9a.jpg

Back