Look what I found

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One issue with the Medi reveal Darth Vader is he does have a small head. Its not terrible, but still a bit out of proportion. But with the mask on he looks great... which is an okay trade off for the reveal helmet.

Star Wars threads are so 2007...:rolleyes: now its all about Gi joe...:monkey1

Thread rated.

One issue with the Medi reveal Darth Vader is he does have a small head. Its not terrible, but still a bit out of proportion. But with the mask on he looks great... which is an okay trade off for the reveal helmet.

See this is an issue I have felt hasn't been addressed quite right.

I never felt the head was out of proportion at all. I think the scale for the Medi-Vader is actually off from the rest of Medi's stuff. If Medi is 1:6.5 scale I would say Medi Vader is 1:6.8 scale. I felt the head was in perfect portion considering it is a 6 foot tall guy's head on a 6'8 (or whatever) body - so you would expect the body to be a bit outta proportion to the head.

The big issue I have with Medi Vader is he feels lanky, even for ANH Vader, but for ROTJ or ROTS, he definitely needs a bulkier build than the Medi body that was used.

The big issue I have with Medi Vader is he feels lanky, even for ANH Vader, but for ROTJ or ROTS, he definitely needs a bulkier build than the Medi body that was used.

The Richard Kiel 13" (14"?) Kanamit body would be perfect with a little padding added.

I haven't really looked at it with the ROTJ version, but ROTS to me looked too small... it could be that the ROTS version had leg extenders added, but while it wasn't terrible I think it was a tad undersized.

We may have to agree to disagree on that one Pixl, but we could always be mean to each other if you would prefer :lol

I haven't really looked at it with the ROTJ version, but ROTS to me looked too small... it could be that the ROTS version had leg extenders added, but while it wasn't terrible I think it was a tad undersized.

We may have to agree to disagree on that one Pixl, but we could always be mean to each other if you would prefer :lol

Pixle's eat Gboys, so you better watch it. :lol

Medicom did a good job on the individual elements of their Jango, but their choice of removable helmet holds the greatest flaw of the figure and the SSC approach is more promising for a better overall aesthetic. The Medicom helmet does not fall properly on his head because the head and helmet are both in scale, so Jango's nose and facial features don't let the helmet sit right on the head and the result looks a little poor when compared to the blank faced Boba Fett. In this scale, it's just not possible to make heads and helmets look right and also allow the figure to wear them. What Sideshow did with Leia Boussh is the ideal method, a generic filler to "wear" the helmet, and a swappable fully featured portrait to have the characters face, where applicable.

With some futzing, you can get the Jango helmet to fit correctly. The film/tape that is inside the helmet helps protect the sculpt. It is a tight fit though and wouldn't be something I would take on and off repeatedly.

jango15tn2.jpg

Last edited:
With some futzing, you can get the Jango helmet to fit correctly. The film/tape that is inside the helmet helps protect the sculpt. It is a tight fit though and wouldn't be something I would take on and off repeatedly.

jango15tn2.jpg

Might you be able to post a profile image, because that's where the fit is apparent to me. I find the way the helmet goes on forces the whole head to seem to be coming forward away from the body, where the Boba Fett sits much more correctly and naturally.

All of this has been clarified since the interviews. And the only statement that has been retracted is "no 1/6 Greivous". Because they've said recently that they'd entertain the idea.

The helmet thing makes sense - would you rather have oversized Hasblow helmets? They've also said that where called for they'd do change-o-heads for a character that needed a removeable helmet.

Let me just point out how tickled I am to see Darklord Dave using the term "Hasblow" as well. :rock

Might you be able to post a profile image, because that's where the fit is apparent to me. I find the way the helmet goes on forces the whole head to seem to be coming forward away from the body, where the Boba Fett sits much more correctly and naturally.

DSC01167.jpg

DSC01166.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

DSC01170.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01172.jpg

It fits fine you just have to press it as far as it will go.I suggest not removing the helmet for fear of damaging the sculpt.These are'nt toys

Here is a quick and crappy pic of what you requested:

jangoprofileyg5.jpg

In a way, you are correct. The way it is situated does move the head slightly forward. If you look close you can also see a little bit of chin. However, I think they made a fine compromise in getting a sculpt that doesn't look too too small and and helmet that doesn't look too big.

Here is a quick and crappy pic of what you requested:

jangoprofileyg5.jpg

In a way, you are correct. The way it is situated does move the head slightly forward. If you look close you can also see a little bit of chin. However, I think they made a fine compromise in getting a sculpt that doesn't look too too small and and helmet that doesn't look too big.

I agree with you, though I'm with Chavez you can hide the chin. I don't have issue with the scale of the helmet or Jango's head, my issue is that in doing a head with features instead of the blank one like Boba Fett has, it results in more unsightly looking head pose, if Jango's head could look like the Boba figure, I'd love it so much more, but the way it has to be hurts the overall look for me.

I really like how Medicom sculpted the chin inside of Boba's helmet. You basically see anything that would be visible, but the sculpt isn't compromised.

Pixle's eat Gboys, so you better watch it. :lol

Are you coming on to me? Not that I'm not flattered, but internet romances are so tricky :monkey2

I think if SSC are to make a head sculpt & swappable helm the helm should at least have a blank head underneath like the medi stormtrooper to let it be posed with a helmet wobble, which is how real helmets sit on real heads :monkey1

Last edited:
As a side note, going back to the original source interview, not all stormtroopers look like Jango - Lucas has confirmed that some are normal human conscripts or recruits.

I think if SSC are to make a head sculpt & swappable helm the helm should at least have a blank head underneath like the medi stormtrooper to let it be posed witha helmet wobble, which is how real helmets sit on real heads :monkey1

They would I'm sure, that's how the Boushh helmet was done, there's a flesh toned plug that goes into the Boushh helmet like Medi Boba.

Back