Look what I found

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of this has been clarified since the interviews. And the only statement that has been retracted is "no 1/6 Greivous". Because they've said recently that they'd entertain the idea.

The helmet thing makes sense - would you rather have oversized Hasblow helmets? They've also said that where called for they'd do change-o-heads for a character that needed a removeable helmet.

You are correct but having 5 Luke variants in 2 years is almost as bad IMO.

Well, he is arguably the most iconic characters in Star Wars and his main outfits are fairly simple in design so I can understand why they've gone that route. If Luke weren't my favorite character though, I'd probably be as put off as you and a lot of other folks have been by it.

It depends on your tastes, true. I myself like seeing Luke again and again, but that's because I love good guys and it's fun for me to see them pop up over and over. But I can understand your frustration in wanting to see Vader; it would be the same for me if they hadn't made Faramir yet (I would be driving you all NUTS :lol). Obviously the line is doing great and they're not losing any sales, so they can make characters without worrying about repetition too much. Each Luke has been different, and he's a character lots of people are going to want, either in every incarnation or in their favorite few.

I know it's hard to wait so long for a character you want, especially when another character keeps taking the slot you hope will belong to your favorite villain. But I wouldn't take that as an opportunity to deride the company; after all, for somebody out there this line is making all of their childhood wishes come true, regardless of the order in which those wishes come. I keep myself happy knowing that, rather than cursing Sideshow to the ground just because I don't have my Captain Antilles yet. It helps me think of others too, more than my own wants. :eek:

All of this has been clarified since the interviews. And the only statement that has been retracted is "no 1/6 Greivous". Because they've said recently that they'd entertain the idea.

The helmet thing makes sense - would you rather have oversized Hasblow helmets? They've also said that where called for they'd do change-o-heads for a character that needed a removeable helmet.

Medicom did a great job with there version of Jango.And it looks as if we won't see a jango from SS the way they were talking in that interview about removable helmets

True, but MediJango has a really skinny head in order to compensate for that play factor. Some like it, and that's wonderful! I myself am disappointed in the negative affect it has on the sculpt. Others may like that, I don't, and I think it hurts the figure to have, what I perceive as, a pin-head syndrome. Yet I don't expect others to see it that way, but that's ok! I still like the over-all figure, I don't like the head, others do, they buy it, and I'm happy. What's to complain about? :eek:

Medicom did a great job with there version of Jango.And it looks as if we won't see a jango from SS the way they were talking in that interview about removable helmets

I'm sure we will see a Jango as well as Boba from SS. The Jango most likely won't have the removable helmet though. Stop being a Medi overzealous enthusiast. You're as bad as Josh with Sideshow. There are certain things that both companies do better than the other and both have their pros and cons.

If they could mix the Medi bodies and armored characters with SS sculpts and pricing, now that would be the perfect 12" company.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure we will see a Jango as well as Boba from SS. The Jango most likely won't have the removable helmet though. Stop being a Medi nut swinger. You're as bad as Josh with Sideshow. There are certain things that both companies do better than the other and both have their pros and cons.

If they could mix the Medi bodies and armored characters with SS sculpts and pricing, now that would be the perfect 12" company.

Then you would have a very good looking, agile, albeit short figure. :lol

I would say medi armor designs made to fit a hot toys body with a sideshow sculpt. Now I would love to see that.

Medicom did a good job on the individual elements of their Jango, but their choice of removable helmet holds the greatest flaw of the figure and the SSC approach is more promising for a better overall aesthetic. The Medicom helmet does not fall properly on his head because the head and helmet are both in scale, so Jango's nose and facial features don't let the helmet sit right on the head and the result looks a little poor when compared to the blank faced Boba Fett. In this scale, it's just not possible to make heads and helmets look right and also allow the figure to wear them. What Sideshow did with Leia Boussh is the ideal method, a generic filler to "wear" the helmet, and a swappable fully featured portrait to have the characters face, where applicable.

Medicom did a good job on the individual elements of their Jango, but their choice of removable helmet holds the greatest flaw of the figure and the SSC approach is more promising for a better overall aesthetic. The Medicom helmet does not fall properly on his head because the head and helmet are both in scale, so Jango's nose and facial features don't let the helmet sit right on the head and the result looks a little poor when compared to the blank faced Boba Fett. In this scale, it's just not possible to make heads and helmets look right and also allow the figure to wear them. What Sideshow did with Leia Boussh is the ideal method, a generic filler to "wear" the helmet, and a swappable fully featured portrait to have the characters face, where applicable.

What about Medi-Vader? I thought the helmet and the sculpts worked really nicely.

What about Medi-Vader? I thought the helmet and the sculpts worked really nicely.

I consider Vader a different case because of his helmet's construction. The elongated face plate allows for nose and such to fit well.s

So to be specific, Sideshow's way with Leia Boussh is best for characters with basic helmets over the head, such as Fetts, Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers, Boushh, etc.

With Vader, the design lends itself to construction around the human head. Any reveal Vader's should be done with the 3 pieces around a human head.

Oh I see. Yeah, I totally agree with you. My enjoyment of Vader would increase exponentially if it were a 3 piece reveal.

Oh I see. Yeah, I totally agree with you. My enjoyment of Vader would increase exponentially if it were a 3 piece reveal.

I know they're not toys, but for me, being able to take Vader's mask apart in 3 pieces is such a HUGE nostalgic feature that takes me to one of my most treasured moments in the saga, I'd miss that if it weren't done. I remember how excited I got over Hasbro's first 12" Vader with it because their 3 3/4" just had a 2 piece feature.

I know. It just adds something to Vader knowing that Anakins head is REALLY in there. One of my favorite customs (I can't remember if it was Les' Vader or Cane's) was where the lense was actually slightly translucent (like ANH Vader) and you could see his eyes in there if the light caught the helmet in the right angle.

Yeah no kidding!
Height issues aside, I think Medicom Vader's helmet is a jewel of toy engineering. Just beautiful! But I agree on the Medi helmets, as much as I love Jango, his helmet is a little weird, now Boba's is perfect!
I think it will be better to have SS do as with Boussh.

Personally I don't care if it's Medi or SS as long as we get badass figures, I'm a happy Wookie! :chew:chew:chew

I really want a medi Vader. Never picked one up. I am interested in a hurricane Vader as well. :monkey5

I know. It just adds something to Vader knowing that Anakins head is REALLY in there. One of my favorite customs (I can't remember if it was Les' Vader or Cane's) was where the lense was actually slightly translucent (like ANH Vader) and you could see his eyes in there if the light caught the helmet in the right angle.

It's Les', and I'm 99% sure it's Sith eyes that lie behind it too, it's his ANH Vader he built, it's a work of art.

Back