Look How Far We've Come

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different people act differently, I would say that in 1995-1997 in no way did Hasbro's 12" figures look worse than Hasbro's 3 3/4" figures. Remember He-Man Luke and monkeyface Leia?

That actually warrants a Look How Far We've Come thread full of current Hasbro figures. Hasbro definitely only put so much effort into their 12" line, but they've been constantly growing with the quality of the 3 3/4" figures; comparing ones today to the earlier figures of 95, just over 10 years ago and they've made huge strides.

Sideshow should hire you immediately Sean. :D

Beautiful shot.

Thanks Paul. I don't even consider the best I could do, that was just the best surface area I could think of around the house at the time and easiest camera angle, I could do better.

But the Hasbro ones are great anyway. Mix and match dude, that's what I do and collection looks spiffing...

Medicom, SSC, Hasbro & customs

I do that too. Definately no regrets of having multiple brands. If SSC makes one better, I'll send the Hasbro one to my nephews, but there's no reason to purge all Hasbro product just because SSC is making better stuff in general.

I do that too. Definately no regrets of having multiple brands. If SSC makes one better, I'll send the Hasbro one to my nephews, but there's no reason to purge all Hasbro product just because SSC is making better stuff in general.

I still have every Hasbro 12" figure I ever owned, and as was pointed out before, there were high points, Dooku being one and for my Asajj-Dooku image, he fit in pretty seemlessly actually. I don't want SSC to do electronic figures for SW, so Hasbro's 14" Vader will always be treasured, the voice recordings of JEJ and Shaw are perfect, and the lightsaber effects sound great, lots of sentimental value with that figure, and Jedi Luke as well, the FAO 2-pack version, that was the big grail piece of the entire offering for me and I lucked out scoring it. Han Carbonite Block is great actually, other than being hollow, but the look is awesome, works great with SSC, as does Maul's Sith Speeder.

I still have every Hasbro 12" figure I ever owned, and as was pointed out before, there were high points, Dooku being one and for my Asajj-Dooku image, he fit in pretty seemlessly actually. I don't want SSC to do electronic figures for SW, so Hasbro's 14" Vader will always be treasured, the voice recordings of JEJ and Shaw are perfect, and the lightsaber effects sound great, lots of sentimental value with that figure, and Jedi Luke as well, the FAO 2-pack version, that was the big grail piece of the entire offering for me and I lucked out scoring it. Han Carbonite Block is great actually, other than being hollow, but the look is awesome, works great with SSC, as does Maul's Sith Speeder.

Exactly, not every Star Wars 1/6 item that hasbro has done has been crap. With a little imagination and maybe some repainting it might not be so bad.

Sweet photo (as usual) but I am waiting for the shot in 4 years when you'll have to line them up against the garage door.

SSCSW.jpg

This would be a awesome Sideshow Collectibles/Sideshow Freaks Christmas card.:D

Hey I just realized you're missing the mynock MaulFan! He counts as much as the other critters!

I didn't consider it so; Qui-Gon is sans-poncho, Obi-Wan doesn't have his blaster, I didn't really use any of the Exclusives but for Jabba's cup sitting on the throne, the Jabba critters were separate items anyone could get from anywhere, the Mynok wasn't so I left it out.

I didn't consider it so; Qui-Gon is sans-poncho, Obi-Wan doesn't have his blaster, I didn't really use any of the Exclusives but for Jabba's cup sitting on the throne, the Jabba critters were separate items anyone could get from anywhere, the Mynok wasn't so I left it out.

Still, he would have looked nice sucking the brass on your fireguards though. :lol

HA! I'd believe that if not for itchy ratdog over on the left corner of the throne. :lol

HA! I'd believe that if not for itchy ratdog over on the left corner of the throne. :lol

Forgot about that one, it's odd thinking of creatures as exclusives in a creature pack, they don't stand out like a Mynok with Han. Restated, I didn't consciously set out to include Exclusives.

Back