Longbow Studios - Tom Hanks SPR head (Painted)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you guys seen ACI's recent SPR headsculpts?

https://www.redplanettoys.com/rpt_heads.html

It seems ACI's wave 2 SPR sculpts (Horvath, Reiben, Upham) are much improved over their first wave.

I've got ACI's BOB's Richard Winters headsculpt, and I think the sculpt is dead on. Can't beat $10 shipped each for these.

I plan to get a custom paint job for my Richard Winters custom to bring out that great sculpt even more.

I'm also putting together a Sgt. Horvath using the left over parts of my DiD David Merrill fig, RPT headsculpt, and parts from the upcoming DiD Russell Franklyn figure.

Btw, if anyone needs boots/gaiters I've got plenty extra.

Yeah, I looked at the link you put up, and I guess I got wave 2 of the SPR headsculpts. Lord is right, they are dead on! I just bought a bunch of extra accessories for my Miller, Horvath and Upham. I am going to have these figures 100% accurate from the movie.

Well it has certainly been over a week... But I have finished my Captain Miller figure. I used the finest materials I could find, and it cost me over 100 to make this figure. This figure is accurate to the T! I should have pictures up later today. Dang camera died on me.

Tom Hanks figure includes the helmet, Shirt, Trousers, Newline Miniatures leather boots with Army Gaiters, M1941 field jacket, Beach assault vest, web belt with pistol in holster, canteen, and first aid pouch, life belt, thompson, Army Gas mask bag and the 2nd ranger patch which is extremely detailed. On the collar I gave him the capt. insignia on the left collar and the Infantry photo-etched brass insignia on the right collar. The headsculpt is longbow studios which was custom painted by a talented artist - The headsculpt alone costs alot of cash. Here he is:

Last edited:
Sgt. Horvath comes with helmet, shirt, trousers, DiD Boots with Newline Miniatures Army Gaiters, DiD Tanker Jacket, Web belt with pistol in holster, 2 grenades, M1 Carbine pouch with 2 m1 carbine clips in the pouch, canteen and first aid pouch. Also includes the Tech Sgt. insignia on both arms with the same 2nd ranger patch as Capt. Miller, also includes the M1 Carbine. The headsculpt is pretty accurate and looks just like him. As for the white stripe on the back of his helmet, this was on his helmet in the movie. I dont have the 2nd ranger insignia on yet. I need to get orange spray paint and make a diamond stencil for Miller and Horvath.
Here is Sgt. Horvath:

Last edited:
This is upham. He constists of basically Charles Winstone with a couple of changes. He has the Charles Winstone shirt, pants, boots, gaiters, field jacket and M1 Garand ammo pouches - However, I put on an Upham headsculpt, put on the correct insignia patches and gave him a M1 Garand like he had in the movie. here he is:

Nice SPR set-up.
There's a nice HS for Horvath, I think it was up at redplanet.
You should futz a little bit around the figures to make the clothes hang better.

Yeah. I just need to find orange spray paint --- and I need to make a diamond shaped stencil for the 2nd ranger insignia on the back of the helmets

Back