"Long have I desired to look upon the kings of old... my kin"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stumbled across this thread and I've got to join in with everyone else here. Awesome work and what a project to tackle. I'm in awe. :bow

Patience is a virtue but I guess you already know that. :lol Take your time, at the end of the day in a year or three whats it matter if it took 6 months longer or more to complete. No point in rushing it when it's you're so close. The tortoise beats the hare any day.

Just stumbled across this thread and I've got to join in with everyone else here. Awesome work and what a project to tackle. I'm in awe. :bow

Patience is a virtue but I guess you already know that. :lol Take your time, at the end of the day in a year or three whats it matter if it took 6 months longer or more to complete. No point in rushing it when it's you're so close. The tortoise beats the hare any day.

Thanks for your nice words. It's a shame that I don't have the opportunity to work on it at my own place (I live in an apartmentbuilding). I have to go to my parents' place to work on it. Therefor I can't/don't work on it as much as I would like to.

But you're right, I'll take my time and I really enjoy working on it too. Sometimes it goes a bit too slow to my liking tho! But I love working out the details, which is what I'm doing at the moment. The head will be the biggest challenge! :duh

Another update in the first post. I worked some more on the helmet today. Things go WAY too slow for my liking, lol. But I'm very pleased with the result so far. :cool:

Wow - that's coming along nicely Polylord. You've put a lot of time and effort into this and you are going to have something you can be immensely proud of when you are done. :)

bad to the stone......:rock.........:lol

did i read that right??......775 hours you have put into this so far??...:google

Lol no. 77 1/2 hours! :lol

:lol..........i thought that was excessive.....:cool:

but really 77 1/2 doesnt seem that long at all as i look at what you started with and where you are at now.........but i will admit i dont know anything about carving stone. great work........this has been a long interesting thread so far.

Another long awaited update. I worked on the sculpture for 6,5 hours this week (I'm on my holiday, so I got time to spare ). I worked out the details on the helmet and gathered all my courage to start working on the face. That's a tough nut to crack, but so far I'm happy with the result. It's not finished just yet, but it's getting there!

argonath35.jpg

More pictures in the first post.

great update PL.............i think you did an excellent job on the face.

Endeavor to persevere.............:lecture

Man, I love seeing updates in this thread... such incredible work.

And didn't even think that you'd also have to make the companion piece :lol

Man, I love seeing updates in this thread... such incredible work.

And didn't even think that you'd also have to make the companion piece :lol

Yeah, sometimes I wonder what I've gotten myself into! :lol

Seriously tho, it's a lot of work but I like doing it and there is no deadline, so I can just take my time and work on it whenever I want. :D

Back