Lone Wolf & Cub (Triad)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They HAVE to make the Bentenrai. They're the three ninja brothers who tried to kill Ito Ogami early in the series... and they kick ASS!!!

See below for ass kickage!

489077717484.gif

YES to real life sculpt NO to stylized manga sculpt

When cut across the neck a sound like wailing winter winds is heard they say. I'd always hoped to cut someone like that someday, to hear that sound. But to have it happen to my own neck is ridiculous.

YES to real life sculpt NO to stylized manga sculpt

That is my feeling, as long as they look like real people I'll be in for the pair :rock

So excited think about all the possible Samurai figures they could turn out :rock

Kojima Goseki's art would lend itself to a really nice looking sculpt. AND it could still look like a real person. His art style is of an older vintage than some of the newer, ultra-slick, stylized stuff that most people associate with Japanese comics. The supporting or incidental characters can be kind of caricatured or cartoony, but Ogami Itto himself is a steely-eyed killing machine.

And to me, the real Lone Wolf and Cub are the comic versions. I'd like to see the movies someday, but Kojima's art makes this series-- he's the best storyteller in comics, period-- and I'd prefer to see a figure that honors the original inspiration.

lonewolf016bdjs0.jpg

Kojima Goseki's art would lend itself to a really nice looking sculpt. AND it could still look like a real person. His art style is of an older vintage than some of the newer, ultra-slick, stylized stuff that most people associate with Japanese comics. The supporting or incidental characters can be kind of caricatured or cartoony, but Ogami Itto himself is a steely-eyed killing machine.

And to me, the real Lone Wolf and Cub are the comic versions. I'd like to see the movies someday, but Kojima's art makes this series-- he's the best storyteller in comics, period-- and I'd prefer to see a figure that honors the original inspiration.

lonewolf016bdjs0.jpg

You REALLY got to see the series. Some are kind of tongue-and-cheek, but DAMN are they fun to watch. You wont be dissapointed.

You REALLY got to see the series. Some are kind of tongue-and-cheek, but DAMN are they fun to watch. You wont be dissapointed.

Oh yeah, I want to! I live in Japan and believe it or not, they're not easy to find here with English subtitles. The US DVD set is on my Amazon wish list but no one in my family seems to want to buy it for me!

lonewolf016bdjs0.jpg

I agree. Wakayama Tomisbaru was a little too chubby for my tastes as Ito Ogami.

And what's up with all the hate for the comic style figs. The series is brilliant and Goseki Kojima's art is some of the best work EVER done in ANY graphic medium.

The only way I'd want it to be realistic is if they based Ito on Toshiro Mifune.:monkey5

Anyway, from what I understand, it won't be either the comic or film version. Hopefully it will be cool. Triad's been doing some killer stuff so I can't wait.

I'm a fan of the films and whether Tomisaburo was a good representation of the manga character is beside the point for me. The character he played was epic. I was hoping for a figure of the actor as Itto, but I'm interested to see what they have in store. I'm not a fan of Triad so my hopes are low, but I'm not entirely hopeless.

I'm a big fan of the manga, and also others similar like blade of the immortal, vagabond, etc.

That long???? As I already have the alfrex versions, If these are closer to the manga, i will be a VERY happy

Well, time can vary, but consider it took them about two years between the announcement and preorder of their Eva/Evo bodies! Of course, it should be faster with those, but since the crib will be functionnal, we have to give them time!

Back