Lobo Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put myself on the WL for the regular today. Think there is still a chance?

I'd hazard not too many people would return theirs. But I think the waitlist might be more than just returns, so yes there might be a slim chance. This is the regular after all and it sold out less than a couple weeks ago I think. If you really want it I'd say hedge your bet on the waitlist by checking eBay, LCS and wherever else you might be lucky enough to snag one for around retail. The key point here is that, over the months, it will be harder to get this at or around retail, but if you are wiling to pony up a couple hundred dollars more, I think this might still be available around till the year's end at least.

Good luck mate :monkey3

I If you really want it I'd say hedge your bet on the waitlist by checking eBay, LCS and wherever else you might be lucky enough to snag one for around retail.

Might as well. I saw one sell on eBay last week for retail. Seeing a couple now for a few 100 more, but not astronomical. Some, though, are already listing for $1000+ before shipping. The sheer number of people who got this just to flip it this soon are one of the reasons it sold out so fast. :mad:

The sheer number of people who got this just to flip it this soon are one of the reasons it sold out so fast. :mad:

It sold out fast because it's awesome and the final production piece came out fantastic! It was available on preorder for over a year and was still there once the in hand pics were rolling in. People need to get off the fence and order this stuff if they really want it.

It sold out fast because it's awesome and the final production piece came out fantastic! It was available on preorder for over a year and was still there once the in hand pics were rolling in. People need to get off the fence and order this stuff if they really want it.

Not disagreeing, both with how good this turned out and with how dumb it was for people like myself to hesitate. It was likely going to sell out faster than other items regardless. But the "grail of grails" label undeniably incentivized flippers and previously uninterested parties who in turn sped things up. If not, why are so many popping up on eBay for such crazy prices? This thing turned out amazing. The only people who could be selling it so quickly are flippers.

Re: Lobo and Dawg, I'll say it's an excellent statue, I wouldn't go as far as to call it a grail. The days of grail may be behind us with ES of 2000+ now common. Lobo would be hard to find. But he'll most likely always be available to buy at a price that isn't stratospheric considering his RRP. I think the point of a "grail" is that its rare and, and when found, nail-bitingly hard to acquire (to the point where you need to question your sanity especially if you had an opportunity to own the original at RRP!)

Case in point the baby ankylosaur maquette in egg. It cost $39.99 just a couple years ago. I think 175 were produced. One of those puppies sold for $416, minus shipping and customs to wherever just a few days ago. That price wasn't an outlier either. The thing is very expensive, no kidding.

@10x retail in just two years, with 175 made, and with every owner awash with praise for the thing, maybe we can say that approximates "grail".

Doom of throne EX is another ridiculously expensive piece. With good reason - the thing is so ornate, I want to know whatever the SSC guys were on when they made that thing. I don't think any statue, maquette etc comes close to the level of care and the range of different aspects of detail paid to that statue. I don't have one, I used to. In any case, a couple are on eBay. One is for £3,900 (EX), the other for £3,600 (Regular). That's around $6,000. Over 10x the original price, I think.

Will lobo sell for 10x in two years, or in ten? Or 5x? or even 3x? I doubt it. The EX will certainly be rare. And complete sets with Dawg may be more expensive still. But I don't know if it'll be that rare, that expensive, or that impossible to acquire. stranger things have happened I suppose...

Keen to know the thoughts of others here. I might be looking at this the wrong way :monkey3

Ebay has a Lobo & Dawg for $745.00 shipped. That's not that much more than retail.
Also a couple of shops online are still taking pre-orders for Dawg alone at regular retail prices.

I see your point, but I can see why people would wait for in hand pics. I had the EX on preorder twice and both times decided to cancel. I picked up the regular and saved myself 20% off retail.

This is a fantastic statue, but it is still an outlier character and there are 3k of them on the market. The window from the time a piece goes on waitlist to being sold out at retail outlets is becoming very quick. Dawg went on the waitlist and I had a heck of time finding a retail store that had it near retail. I ended up finding one, but it took awhile.

I ordered the Ex for Spiderman and Wolverine day one because those characters are must have. I guess it all comes down character preference on how long a person waits to get a piece.

Re: Lobo and Dawg, I'll say it's an excellent statue, I wouldn't go as far as to call it a grail. The days of grail may be behind us with ES of 2000+ now common. Lobo would be hard to find. But he'll most likely always be available to buy at a price that isn't stratospheric considering his RRP. I think the point of a "grail" is that its rare and, and when found, nail-bitingly hard to acquire (to the point where you need to question your sanity especially if you had an opportunity to own the original at RRP!)

Case in point the baby ankylosaur maquette in egg. It cost $39.99 just a couple years ago. I think 175 were produced. One of those puppies sold for $416, minus shipping and customs to wherever just a few days ago. That price wasn't an outlier either. The thing is very expensive, no kidding.

@10x retail in just two years, with 175 made, and with every owner awash with praise for the thing, maybe we can say that approximates "grail".

Doom of throne EX is another ridiculously expensive piece. With good reason - the thing is so ornate, I want to know whatever the SSC guys were on when they made that thing. I don't think any statue, maquette etc comes close to the level of care and the range of different aspects of detail paid to that statue. I don't have one, I used to. In any case, a couple are on eBay. One is for £3,900 (EX), the other for £3,600 (Regular). That's around $6,000. Over 10x the original price, I think.

Will lobo sell for 10x in two years, or in ten? Or 5x? or even 3x? I doubt it. The EX will certainly be rare. And complete sets with Dawg may be more expensive still. But I don't know if it'll be that rare, that expensive, or that impossible to acquire. stranger things have happened I suppose...

Keen to know the thoughts of others here. I might be looking at this the wrong way :monkey3

Yes.m pretty sure the days of Grail are over. Simple supply n demand. The last item that I think went crazy price in such short time is XM Magneto. Partly bc only 800 ES I believe. If they made it 2.500, maybe differ case.

I don't know. Some pieces tend to creep up in price and crack the $1000 barrier. Hell, the EX Green Lantern and Deadpool PFs are starting to hit the G mark pretty often on the bay now. Even the EX Punisher COM is hitting a G nowadays. Any SSC piece that sells completely through has the potential to rise significantly in the aftermarket. It can happen with just about any piece, at any time when there is a sell out.

With so much new release and great stuff from so many companies now. Its even hard to sell some of the newer stuff at even the price of our PO.

No kidding. I almost went out to celebrate after months of trying to sell my Captain America Charge on Hydra EX. And I don't think I even broke even when I finally sold the thing...

SCIENTIFIC FACT: People get ravenously hungry when there is no food around. When there is food aplenty, you tend to be picky. Same for animals as for humans...

I normally won't sell my Captain America, but there are just so many, it's not really that interesting being so clingy. Lobo on the other hand is quite an oddball character. To do him, and to do him so well... he could be an interesting case study.

That said, the fact that he is rare could also make less people reluctant to shell out to much.

Ebay has a Lobo & Dawg for $745.00 shipped. That's not that much more than retail.
Also a couple of shops online are still taking pre-orders for Dawg alone at regular retail prices.

Can you tell me wich shops online still taking pre orders for Dawg? I been looking all over but cant find non

Thanks

No kidding. I almost went out to celebrate after months of trying to sell my Captain America Charge on Hydra EX. And I don't think I even broke even when I finally sold the thing...

SCIENTIFIC FACT: People get ravenously hungry when there is no food around. When there is food aplenty, you tend to be picky. Same for animals as for humans...

I normally won't sell my Captain America, but there are just so many, it's not really that interesting being so clingy. Lobo on the other hand is quite an oddball character. To do him, and to do him so well... he could be an interesting case study.

That said, the fact that he is rare could also make less people reluctant to shell out to much.

So we are like animals hahaha. Simple supply vs demand law.

Back