Lobo Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am glad I passed on this. Not that it is not a superb statue, it most certainly is. I just have no love for Lobo. He doesn't even enter my mind when I think about the DC universe. I was going to grab this today, but I am thinking that I would lose interest on this one down the road. Anyone else have similar thoughts?

I'm the polar opposite - LOBO is the ONLY DC character I have ANY interest in. Only DC prepaint I own so far as well. We all have different tastes.

You clearly didn't have big hair and rock the eighties :lecture

Seriously though, Lobo was, literally, the man. No tucking trousers into underpants nonsense or swinging from rooftops in tights. Jeans, casual wear, good old fashioned brawler who could take on the best of them (didn't he once fight the entire justice league? Or was that Despero?) And then there's Dawg...

Great statue and a picture perfect representation. Still, I respect those who aren't interested in this one

LOVE this post - and YES - DID have big hair in the 70's/80's - and my fashion sense and musical preferences stayed that way :)

I think I am glad I passed on this. Not that it is not a superb statue, it most certainly is. I just have no love for Lobo. He doesn't even enter my mind when I think about the DC universe. I was going to grab this today, but I am thinking that I would lose interest on this one down the road. Anyone else have similar thoughts?

:goodpost: I couldn't agree with you more!! Good for the people that have him, and have that personal connection to him. Personally, I have no attachment what so ever to Lobo, and that's why I decided to pass on him. I'm focusing on Villains for my collection, but I want to have the ones that mean something to me.

I just noticed on FB and other forums that a lot of collectors are buying him just cause he looks cool and he will be the next "Grail"...It's fine and everything, but to me I have to have some sort of connection to the character in order to be in my collection.

:goodpost: I couldn't agree with you more!! Good for the people that have him, and have that personal connection to him. Personally, I have no attachment what so ever to Lobo, and that's why I decided to pass on him. I'm focusing on Villains for my collection, but I want to have the ones that mean something to me.

I just noticed on FB and other forums that a lot of collectors are buying him just cause he looks cool and he will be the next "Grail"...It's fine and everything, but to me I have to have some sort of connection to the character in order to be in my collection.

So you're a Disco fan ? (just teasing bro) . . . :)

You clearly didn't have big hair and rock the eighties :lecture

Seriously though, Lobo was, literally, the man. No tucking trousers into underpants nonsense or swinging from rooftops in tights. Jeans, casual wear, good old fashioned brawler who could take on the best of them (didn't he once fight the entire justice league? Or was that Despero?) And then there's Dawg...

Great statue and a picture perfect representation. Still, I respect those who aren't interested in this one

I did have the mullet going on in the 80's, was big into metal and had the ear ring. But during that same period of time that I was heavy into Comic's, Lobo was not part of the scene and never entered my lexicon. It is the sentimental attachment I have for these properties that spurs me to drop the kind of coin we part with in this hobby.

I like Lobo and the statue turned out fantastic so I'm glad I got one, but it's a lot of money to put down for a character you don't care about.

I just wish I had some kind of attachment to the character. Maybe I should hunt down some of the better stories he is in and see if that moves my meter?

No doubt it is an awesome statue that might do well down the road, but I still think they made plenty of these for a character the stature of Lobo. I mean, DC is ruining this character right now.

I don't know, maybe I am wrong about this and will be kicking myself, I just don't think when I look at my collection, there will ever be a Lobo sized hole in my DC collection.

Ehhhh don't listen to this guy ^^^^^^^

Just saw Midtown had their last Dawg and Lobo 15% off on each, and since they have the cheapest shipping to me, took the plunge. Guess I will kick the tires on these after all.

Just saw Midtown had their last Dawg and Lobo 15% off on each, and since they have the cheapest shipping to me, took the plunge. Guess I will kick the tires on these after all.

Congrats Tbolt. He's a feast for the eyes.

Same here... I wished I had connection with him. I definitely would have ordered or hunt him down for sure. Best DC statue so far IMO.

Got tired of trying to rationalise, don't you. I know, I know... it's impossible to resist! :lecture

I was obsessed with lobo, and bought every scrap of comics he was in. Great Kick Ass character. I loved that he beat the crap outta superman (I was not the biggest fan of supes). But those Simon Bisley covers of the main man are pure art. He was a day 1 order for me, when the box arrived i confess I had no idea he was that eff'n huge. this statue is imposing. LOVE HIM! But you're smart to not jump on every hyped up statue and buy what you like.

I was obsessed with lobo, and bought every scrap of comics he was in. Great Kick Ass character. I loved that he beat the crap outta superman (I was not the biggest fan of supes). But those Simon Bisley covers of the main man are pure art. He was a day 1 order for me, when the box arrived i confess I had no idea he was that eff'n huge. this statue is imposing. LOVE HIM! But you're smart to not jump on every hyped up statue and buy what you like.

I'm glad that you know so much and love Lobo. It feels that much better when you add it to your collection. I have to agree though, the statue from the pics look amazing, and I'm sure it looks better in person..enjoy it man :)

Got tired of trying to rationalise, don't you. I know, I know... it's impossible to resist! :lecture

I have a hard time reisting a sale...

Speaking of which, somebody scored a great deal on the Keaton Bats, they had 1 of those for $299. Caville Supes PF was $246 but nobody had bitten in a couple of days. Might still be there.

I have a hard time reisting a sale...

Speaking of which, somebody scored a great deal on the Keaton Bats, they had 1 of those for $299. Caville Supes PF was $246 but nobody had bitten in a couple of days. Might still be there.

Same here mate. I got both Lobo EX and Dawg, shipped, for the USD equivalent of around $700.

Dawg waitlisted as well and I had a heck of a time finding him instock at a retailer. He might be tougher to find than lobo in the future. I went deep into the google search before I found a store that had him for sale near retail.

those pouches are such a pain in the neck to put onto the belt. took me 10mins to put them on and clip it back. made for dents on the leather.just hope it wasnt scratched or worse

Dawg waitlisted as well and I had a heck of a time finding him instock at a retailer. He might be tougher to find than lobo in the future. I went deep into the google search before I found a store that had him for sale near retail.

Wow. That quick, was it not?? At half overall ES it was to be expected but still... I agree that if Lobo ends up being this highly-sought after piece he's already looking to be, Dawg might be quite tricky to get any anything close to retail. Frankly I doubt he'll be any easier to get at retail than Lobo, going forward.

We'll see...

Back