Lobo Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad my favourite character ever has turned out to be such a nice piece... because there'll be only one Lobo PF, as the character ain't that popular.
But damn, that's not cheap... US $774.98 for Lobo and Dawg to be shipped, and then... $250 of VAT and import fees... That's a total of $1,025.

Yeah just the usual bad luck for me. I'm always more confident when needing a replacement part rather than a whole body but I'll see what happens. Thanks for the help everyone.

Somewhat glad I missed my opportunity to print the head stand yesterday, because I totally just realized that I didn't even factor in the skull hand. Ultimately, I wanna share these print files with everyone and it only makes sense to cover all the bases.

To anyone who currently has Lobo, if you please could, I need the measurements for:
  1. Magnetic peg on both heads.
  2. Magnetic peg on on both hands.
  3. Widest, deepest, longest measurements to be safe.

Thanks! :hi5:

I hope people will acknowledge this. I mean, so much hate on SSC, and I hope people will realize they actally still have wins.

I think most of us agree that this looks great. SSC has the ability to produce awesome pieces. Most of us would not be here if we didn't believe a homerun was possible from them. Their lack of consistency is what does them in combined with weird/poor/lacking art direction at times.

Most critics would be willing to give acknowledgement in these boards if the Sideshow superfans gave acknowledgement when something looks bad or has poor QC. Those fans tend to go real quiet when there are SSC art direction decisions that don't make sense or pieces come out bad.

Acknowledgement works both ways.

I think most of us agree that this looks great. SSC has the ability to produce awesome pieces. Most of us would not be here if we didn't believe a homerun was possible from them. Their lack of consistency is what does them in combined with weird/poor/lacking art direction at times.

Most critics would be willing to give acknowledgement in these boards if the Sideshow superfans gave acknowledgement when something looks bad or has poor QC. Those fans tend to go real quiet when there are SSC art direction decisions that don't make sense or pieces come out bad.

Acknowledgement works both ways.

The Hate seems to go on and on though..... people posting the same thing again and again.. I know this because I have been known to do it... However I have to have interest in a piece to complain about it. I am more likely to give praise to a piece I have no interest in getting then dump on it. But when I want a SSC piece and they screw the pooch I make my opinions known (CR Superman).

There are some that seem to lok for any small "fail" to just complain on and on even if there is no interest in the piece.

The Hate seems to go on and on though..... people posting the same thing again and again.. I know this because I have been known to do it... However I have to have interest in a piece to complain about it. I am more likely to give praise to a piece I have no interest in getting then dump on it. But when I want a SSC piece and they screw the pooch I make my opinions known (CR Superman).

There are some that seem to lok for any small "fail" to just complain on and on even if there is no interest in the piece.

I'll just say this: I think people would be more excited if SSC showed more care into the production of most pieces so items like Lobo are the rule rather than the exception. If the company cared at that level then people would cut them more slack when they come up short on something.

It's a combination of people being burned too many times (YMMV) and taking it personal because it's a statue of a character you were looking forward to. It's an emotional hobby. I guess more apathy is necessary to collect without the stress. I honestly don't know.

Here's a few scale shots for those wondering about his size....
IMG_6366_zpsp9i5wqke.jpg
[/URL

Wow, he's huge! Does Superman look like he's tilting down-right a little?

I hope people will acknowledge this. I mean, so much hate on SSC, and I hope people will realize they actally still have wins.

Lobo is being universally praised everywhere. I think most people give credit where credit is due. This doesn't excuse Sideshow for the HUGE amount of misses and subpar products they delivered.
It's been already explained in the posts above, but to make things super clear: the 400$ I drop on Superman PF are as good as the 400+$ I drop on the Iron Patriot or the Reeve Superman, with the difference that the former came out great and the latters came out like a 20$ cheap toy.
"Realizing they still have wins" doesn't help me when another piece I want comes out like a mediocre recast.

Yep only getting a $50 credit. So he's going back. Took the gamble on preordering an EX and lost. So hopefully the EX's remain in stock by the time I get my refund back and then I'll spin the wheel again.

Now how am I gonna repack this thing? So many pieces ha.

Yep only getting a $50 credit. So he's going back. Took the gamble on preordering an EX and lost. So hopefully the EX's remain in stock by the time I get my refund back and then I'll spin the wheel again.

Now how am I gonna repack this thing? So many pieces ha.

I'll give you 1000 imaginary high fives if you can snag me those peg measurements before you pack it up.
2015-06-18_1922.png

SO frustrating. I still want an EX. But I know it happens to us all a few times a year. This one was just my time. So oh well, I'm off to the bar ha.

Oh damn sorry man. I just got finished ha. I totally would have. So sorry brother.

No worries, man. I just scanned back a few pages to see why you were sending it back. Was worried it was damage or cracks. My local UPS guy is not gentle with heavy packages...

If no one does it by Monday, I'll get you the specs when I get mine.

Thanks! I was gonna just print a huge cutout and pad as needed, but pics I'm seeing now show it might be angled too. Also wanna throw in a small slot for the flaming hand. Some craft magnets at the bottom and voila. That said, if anyone else winds up liking my stand just let me know, I can probably print one or two more without getting too much lip from work. Send me a label or some postage change and I'll gladly ship it to you. Would be unpainted, fresh off the printer.

why is he so big...dont get me wrong I think its awesome...but I thought Lobo was supposed to be 6' 4" or so.

Congrats to those who ordered this, SSC has redeemed themselves with this release, the details and paint job are awesome. I am not a fan of the Lobo but he looks very good. I just wish SSC is more consistent in the quality. I noticed most of DC Statue turned up with minimal issues compared to Marvel ones, could this be due to SS has selected a dedicated factory for DC statues/

Back