• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

LIVE.COM discount - Information and Current Rates!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But there is no way of knowing if it will work until after you've
won the auction - right?

As long as the "cashback" icon is at the top of the Ebay page, you should be alright. But to answer your question, the only definitive way is after you've bought the auction. I think though at the confirmation page of the BIN, it might mention your potential cashback earnings.

won the auction - right?

Unforturtanetly, that's the only way to know if the gift code will work. You have to already have won an auction. That's why I'm treading carefully on this one.

Last edited:
won the auction - right?

If you are talking about the 10% coupon, you can test it on a buy it now item by clicking the 'buy it now' button. The next screen is where you put in the coupon code. Then hit update or whatever it says. It should show you the discounted price. This is BEFORE you actually purchase the item.

Im not sure about that because I know it will reflect the discount after you put in the coupon code however when you actually click pay now with a paypal payment (after of course you have bought them item) thats when the error message states the code is linked to another account.

So you still dont know if its good or not until you buy....

I think the people who say that it wasn't sent to them may still have had it assigned to their account without them knowing about it. I got a different 10% off coupon from ebay a few weeks ago and I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't seen it mentioned on one of my account pages. I didn't actually get "sent" anything.

Can you buy something small via buy-it-now and test out the coupon without actually using it?

i just used 2 seconds ago and saved 1.49

actually it didn't work . this is the message i got

All good things must eventually end. You've exceeded the number of times you can use this coupon. I guess you can use it only once

So why is it not working for some? I have a big purchase that I want to make, but am a little hesitant without this coupon.

And thanks again, Hydrobud for the update. Much appreciated!

The code was applied successfully for me, but when i went to pay in paypal it gave me this message, "This redemption code is linked to another PayPal account and can't be used with this PayPal account." Oh well.

The code was applied successfully for me, but when i went to pay in paypal it gave me this message, "This redemption code is linked to another PayPal account and can't be used with this PayPal account." Oh well.

Hmmmmm....good to know. I'm going to hold off for now. My guess is that you have to receive this code for Ebay or else you're not eligible.

I believe this coupon was given to all buyers who won an auction during a specific period when Ebay was having technical problems.

I received the email on 11-24:

You may have experienced difficulty shopping on Saturday. We'd like to offer our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced by offering a 10% off coupon, good until December 14, 2009.

cool.. Finally. Hopefully it gets up to 20% again. I got a 10% ebay coupon Im dying to couple with Bing for a mad discount...

Is this dead for now? I can't even find the 8% and I'd be happy with that.

What was that site that summarized the bing/live cashback percentages?

Is this dead for now? I can't even find the 8% and I'd be happy with that.

What was that site that summarized the bing/live cashback percentages?

I can't get anything either, Mesa. I know someone posted that website link earlier in the thread. Let me check.

Back