1/6 List of issues with Hot Toys, Sideshow, Medicom and other 1/6 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevastatedPrime

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi all,
I don't know if I posted this in the right section (I never started a thread).

But with all the recent HT ED209 and Mark XLII issues, I thought I'd start a thread about all issues with 1/6 scale Hot Toys, Sideshow, Medicom and or other 1/6 companies (things like for instance: Hellboy breaking knees, Oily Batman, Sarah Connor ripping elbows, Iron Man discoloration in "pants" etc)

Mainly as a sort of guide, what to look out for, possible solutions etc (we all know about Comedian, which I cut up a cotton handkerchief for and put it in between all the spots where the rubber was touching).

I used to have the Tumbler but with the rubber wheels (and I simply didn't have the space, with box and all, to keep it) so I sold it, cool as it was though.

A few years ago, I allready tried to make a list for myself with figures who would possibly have issues down the road. Things like Hot Toys Winson Creation Firespecter (because of the pleather jacket). So I recently checked him and :( yes its started to become brittle. As in, there was a crack in the coat, I touched another part to see what happened and another crack came up.

Now I do have lots other figures with some sort of pleather jacket, rubber body, or whatever (even though thank goodness, my Medicom Vader isn't melting (yet?) and have enough "problem children" which could have had issues by now.

But Mars Attacks!, Hellboy, Abe, Chris Redfield, Krauser, Leonidas, Red Skull's jacket, Piccolo etc come to mind in possibilities.

I will try to make the list soon, with the ones I think could form possible issues sooner or later.

If people have suggestions, feel free to contribute.

head to the general disc. section. this is nothing new.
a couple of threads there with the same theme and details.

But Mars Attacks!, Hellboy, Abe, Chris Redfield, Krauser, Leonidas, Red Skull's jacket, Piccolo etc come to mind in possibilities.
cross those off the possibilities list. those are riddled with rubber decay and HB has weak legs.:lol

Back