Lincoln

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely cannot wait!!!

I have to admit, I was expecting his voice to be more higher pitched like the accounts I have read. His voice sounded almost... normal. But I am sure after about 5 minutes of him talking I will be totally sucked in, like every movie starring DDL.

I took a couple of days to mull over the trailer, as I was initially pretty disappointed. I've been looking forward to this movie for a while. While I must admit that I'm still a little let down by the trailer, I have hope that the movie will be decent at the very least.

I know history says that Lincoln's voice was shrill, but in my opinion, DDL's voice sounds too normal and almost young. It just doesn't quite match the wrinkles on Lincoln's face. Also, I've read a lot of people say that DDL is unrecognizable as Lincoln. I strongly disagree - those eyes are a dead giveaway. Spielberg's Lincoln looks just like DDL, except with a beard. I guess part of my disappointment is that I've seen a lot of others look much more like Lincoln than DDL.

All that said, I'm still down to see this movie. I hope it's better than the trailer led me to believe.

I took a couple of days to mull over the trailer, as I was initially pretty disappointed. I've been looking forward to this movie for a while. While I must admit that I'm still a little let down by the trailer, I have hope that the movie will be decent at the very least.

I know history says that Lincoln's voice was shrill, but in my opinion, DDL's voice sounds too normal and almost young. It just doesn't quite match the wrinkles on Lincoln's face. Also, I've read a lot of people say that DDL is unrecognizable as Lincoln. I strongly disagree - those eyes are a dead giveaway. Spielberg's Lincoln looks just like DDL, except with a beard. I guess part of my disappointment is that I've seen a lot of others look much more like Lincoln than DDL.

All that said, I'm still down to see this movie. I hope it's better than the trailer led me to believe.

I agree dont see what the fuss is about.

Wonder if they will include his statement

"If I could end this war by freeing all of the slaves, I would do it. If I could by freeing some, I would and if I could by freeing none, I would."

Wonder if they will include his statement

"If I could end this war by freeing all of the slaves, I would do it. If I could by freeing some, I would and if I could by freeing none, I would."

You got it wrong.

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that."

You got it wrong.

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that."

Close enough for government work :lol

I just didn't look up the exact quote, but thanks.

Back