Limiting myself to 2 hot toys from now until march...help me decide which two.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViperSRT

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am aiming to keep my CC bill low per billing cycle. I can't just go ape_____ buying these damn collectibles no matter how awesome they are. Which comes to my question. I'm interested in three items that are currently out: the T1 T-800, Falconer, and Mark 4. (i'm interested in the Mark 6 and Barney Ross too, but they aren't out yet and who knows when they will be) I am sticking to my promise to myself to essentially buy one early feb and the other late feb, but I can't decide which ones to get :(. any thoughts they could help sway me?

Thanks,

Mike

Easy! T1 and Mk 4. Skip the MK 6 unless you already have 1-3 and are trying to get all the amors. I dropped my EX Red Ninja the other day, next figures of interest for myself are Bruce Lee and Barnes from Platoon. I try to stick to a one figure a month budget, but its super hard, instead of get everything that looks cool, try to find chocie peices that you will continue to love or are trying to get Complete sets of.

Easy! T1 and Mk 4. Skip the MK 6 unless you already have 1-3 and are trying to get all the amors. I dropped my EX Red Ninja the other day, next figures of interest for myself are Bruce Lee and Barnes from Platoon. I try to stick to a one figure a month budget, but its super hard, instead of get everything that looks cool, try to find chocie peices that you will continue to love or are trying to get Complete sets of.

Those are the next two I'm buying as well.

Well another option buy mark 4 and get loose pieces for a t1 custom figure, so that way you wont spent much, the mark vi is going to come out on iron man 3, so you can own a mark from each movie, good luck!!

From the three you've listed I would suggest Mark IV and T1 T800. Based on Sideshow's flex pay the Mark VI should release late Feb. But I've seen dates vary so far with some places listing it for Q3 2011. If you only want one Iron Man I would say get IV as it is more iconic and has the Tony Stark HS - not only that but it is also a little cheaper. If you dont care to display with the Tony Stark HS get Falconer and T1 T800 now and get the Mark VI when it comes out.

T1 T-800. Save the rest for later figures (Mk VI is more impressive with a few more features to the armor).

"Iconic" is subjective. The Mark VI was shown most in advertisements for Iron Man II and the triangular design has been used plenty of times in the comics to be just as recognized.

T-800 and Mk 4. The Barney Ross figure is awesome, but if I had to leave one it would be him because I'd rather go with younger Sly figure from one of his earlier films.

Get MK4 and T-800. I wouldn't get Falconer unless it's your first Pred. or a hardcore fan. I got Berzerker (frist pred), sculp is awesome, but articulation and accessories are lacking for the price, so Falconer is not in my must get list.

If any of the four are from lines you are already collecting, go with those first.

If not, then the Mark IV. This will only go up in price. And then probably the T-800 OR Falconer. Preds always go up once the run has run its course. T-800s just get second batches :lol

Thanks for the input guys. I probably will go with the mark IV and T-800 then Barney. Faalconer its funny one week I'll want him the next I won't. I'll save him till last. I may jusy wait for them both to be in stock at bbts but is there any other distributor that would be worth checking out?

Thanks again guys,

Mike

For me the key is that the T-800 and Mk IV are the main focus of their respective films, whereas Falconer's not. They symbolize their movies better, imo. Of course if you're a Pred nut and have all the rest that's a different story... and Preds do seem to up in price quite a bit...

Barney Ross is out. It's only a matter of weeks before it reaches you.

Forget the Mark VI and Falconer. Mark IV is a must buy... I just got it and it's easily one of the best figures I've ever come across.

I would normally recommend the T1 T-800... it's something every Terminator fan should have because it's just so iconic. However, after opening the figure last week, I can't help but feel that it's a little underwhelming.

From what I've seen so far on Barney, it feels like a more complete and compelling action figure.

If you want a classic piece of cinematic history, go for the T-800. But if you want a little more kick for an action figure, I'd say go for Barney Ross.

Back