Lighting Options for a Besta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey kinqcuounq I bought the Costco LED just like the one you have. I absolutely love it, big thanks to you for opening this thread. I bought LED lights for $28 at amazon. It is a crap compare to the Costco one. I threw away my old ones in the garbage, such a waste of money. I thought I would not need the remote control, I was wrong. Remote control is a must. Will post pics later.

If I could only curb my need to display it!!! Using eneloops I go through the batteries like in 2-3 days. I am almost swapping batteries daily :lol

Here are couple of pics:

2gy4vbt.jpg

e6w2uv.jpg

Hey kinqcuounq I bought the Costco LED just like the one you have. I absolutely love it, big thanks to you for opening this thread. I bought LED lights for $28 at amazon. It is a crap compare to the Costco one. I threw away my old ones in the garbage, such a waste of money. I thought I would not need the remote control, I was wrong. Remote control is a must. Will post pics later.

The remote is a HUGE plus, it was calling out to me.

If I could only curb my need to display it!!! Using eneloops I go through the batteries like in 2-3 days. I am almost swapping batteries daily :lol

Haha, do you leave the lights on all night?

Here are couple of pics:

2gy4vbt.jpg

e6w2uv.jpg

That's an awesome collection room you got going! :rock

So far I have not picked the Lightmates.

Today Lumen arrived my place. I find the light pretty impressive comparing to Sierra Tools JB5571 Ceiling/Wall Light with Remote and the RiteLite LPL704 Wireless 12-LED Under Cabinet Light. (I dont have an US address at that time and I cant get the Lumen package)

However there is one thing buyer have to aware, because it is a spotlight, so it might not be good when putting on Ikea Besta, because I feel like the light, rather disturbing evenly, is being very focusing. I am not sure which gives brighter light, but the Lumen one is quite tall. Photos will be uploaded shortly.

I think if the lights were placed closer to Thor in the second picture, it may distribute better. But I know what you mean about it forming a spotlight effect rather than covering up a wider range of space that can be achieved better with strip lighting.

Here is part of my display with the lightmates. The remote to control all the wireless lights was a huge deal for me and I actually enjoy the spotlight effect.

MoneyShotClosed.jpg

I think if the lights were placed closer to Thor in the second picture, it may distribute better. But I know what you mean about it forming a spotlight effect rather than covering up a wider range of space that can be achieved better with strip lighting.

Here is part of my display with the lightmates. The remote to control all the wireless lights was a huge deal for me and I actually enjoy the spotlight effect.

MoneyShotClosed.jpg

I will update another photo tonight, the light is insanely bright. I realize it works really well even at a 3M distant. As a result I think considering we the height of the display is at most 30-40 inch. Lumen is not the best choice for Besta display.

I think Lumen's remote control is ok (the best thing I like is there are two channels so that you can set up 2 set of lights) but it does have the function to dim the light and I find it amusing.

I can't help but leave them on for a lil longer than I should :p
the Lightmates seem to be less focused because its really 5 separate LEDs and no focusing lens
too bad I can't control them with my Harmony remote

btw don't trust those doublesided tapes that come with the lightmates. I say out of my 16 I have up maybe only one managed to not detach and fall off. Nothing broke but not sure what damage it may do to your collection so be forewarned

one question about these led lights, do they move (to focus on a certain area), kind of like the dx stand lights? I am too scared to put them on top of a cabinet, but want to buy them to put them on the side or below at an angle.

Back in stock! I know these disappear from Costco's website from time to time and Amazon offers them at a higher price. Thinking about picking up another set because whenever Costco's website takes them down, I sad face thinking they are discontinued :(

https://www.costco.com/Browse/Produ...ss lights&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode matchallpartial

1-2.jpg
Thanks a lot for bringing these to my attention, they are perfect, just impossible to find over here in the UK.

The remote feature looks brilliant!

If anyone looking is for these, shoot me a pm. I'm going with a different route for my display and I'm looking to sell mines.

Back in stock! I know these disappear from Costco's website from time to time and Amazon offers them at a higher price. Thinking about picking up another set because whenever Costco's website takes them down, I sad face thinking they are discontinued :(

https://www.costco.com/Browse/Produ...ss lights&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode matchallpartial

1-2.jpg

If anyone is still looking for these you might be able to find them at Costco discounted.
I just went to my local store, N.E in Calgary, and found they were trying to get rid of them, $20 for 4 pucks with the remote switch. I got one pack, they're super bright by the way.

Looks like they've got a new product to replace these puck ones, the new ones is a strip you can attach to each other, but still has the remote switch as well.

I can't seem to find these wireless pucks anywhere. Ebay has one for $50 + shipping which seems like alot. I unfortunately do not have a Costco membership and they don't have anything on the site. If anyone in the US or Canada can help a Freak out I'd really appreciate it!

^ anyone else need these puck lights, I can pick up a few sets all at once and ship them.
pm me.

EDIT: just did some research and found alot of people are complaining about the battery life for the lightmate led pucks, some people are saying it only last a couple weeks.
Has anyone using rechargeable batteries found the battery life is better?

Last edited:
If anyone is still looking for these you might be able to find them at Costco discounted.
I just went to my local store, N.E in Calgary, and found they were trying to get rid of them, $20 for 4 pucks with the remote switch. I got one pack, they're super bright by the way.

Looks like they've got a new product to replace these puck ones, the new ones is a strip you can attach to each other, but still has the remote switch as well.

Do you have a link to the strip ones?

Back