Lighting Options for a Besta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How far away do these things need to be from the statue to be really effective? I'm thinking about using them for statues and my DVD collection but there may not be much room between the tops of the DVDs and the LED.

Gonna check local costco tomorrow and hope they still have some. What is the name of this set again?

How far away do these things need to be from the statue to be really effective? I'm thinking about using them for statues and my DVD collection but there may not be much room between the tops of the DVDs and the LED.

Gonna check local costco tomorrow and hope they still have some. What is the name of this set again?

Lightmates 6-Pack Led Wireless Puck Light

I don't think you will have a problem with not having much room between the tops of the DVDs and the LED. The top of one of my statue is about 2 inches away from the lights and that shelf still lights up fine. Hope that helps :peace

At costco's website, it was $68.99. If you don't care about the remote option, you have a ton of options of puck lighting at your disposal. The ones you linked also have 5 leds in each of the puck light like mines, I would assume they are the same brightness. That swivel option is also a big plus :rock

I went ahead and bought the one that I found on Amazon that does not have a remote control. I really like it and the price is great. My only concern is for the light unit to drop, although I am pretty sure it's gonna be very unlikely, but I still have that concern.

1ztair.jpg

That's a sweet display you got there, are you planning to get some glass doors? Post some night shots if you can. :rock I hope they don't fall either but if they do you can always get some stronger double sided tape that some have recommended.

these look like the lights that I saw at Home depot. They had some lights that came one per pack for about $6. I'm still wanting to get the ones with the remote. I went to Costco today just hoping I might still find some but I had no luck:(

I think this is an excellent solution. I see this is available on amazon but can someone tell me if this led lights not damage the statues with the heat? The quality is good?

LEDs are one of the safest options for your statues. A lot of people say that LEDs do not give off heat but what they are really trying to say is it does not give off infrared or UV light. LEDs do produce heat but not enough for it to become hot like other light bulbs hence making it cool to the touch. Plus, you save money on your electric bill using LEDs.

Now for these particular brand of LEDs, I love them. They might not be as bright as the IKEA dioders but it was good enough for me. Not having to deal with any drilling and wiring and a remote to turn on all the lights was a big plus for me.

Grail1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your help kinqcuonq:)

Nice Picture of Iron Man:clap

Please just confirm if is this model:

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004H7TABC/ref=s9_simh_gw_p60_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1CDEREP4KMZG1EJXXXP9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846"]Amazon.com: Lightmates LITE00113 LED Wireless Puck Light with Switch, 6-Pack: Home Improvement[/ame]

They are temporarily out of stock but we can order and wait when available.

finally these started showing up at my Canadian Costco. $28 for 4 and I got 8 all synced up for now to cover my 2 detolfs and works really great and certainly bright enough! Thanks again!

finally these started showing up at my Canadian Costco. $28 for 4 and I got 8 all synced up for now to cover my 2 detolfs and works really great and certainly bright enough! Thanks again!

Wow thats a great deal and yes the lights are back in stock here too!

considering that the light is good enough for Detolf it is a much cheaper alternative to the Ikea Dioder. Of cause it needs AAA Batts and lots of it but I will just stock up on those eneloops next time they go on sale. The fact that I have delayed setting up my lights till now due to having to setup the wires and some kind of remote trigger this was all done in 10 min I am just glad I gave this a shot seeing your recommendation :D
thanks Kinq

:borg:

first time using [ame="https://youtu.be/S9_YE_Uth0A"]Youtube[/ame] and posting here
ok no idea how to embed
wow how did that happen!

Last edited:
considering that the light is good enough for Detolf it is a much cheaper alternative to the Ikea Dioder. Of cause it needs AAA Batts and lots of it but I will just stock up on those eneloops next time they go on sale. The fact that I have delayed setting up my lights till now due to having to setup the wires and some kind of remote trigger this was all done in 10 min I am just glad I gave this a shot seeing your recommendation :D
thanks Kinq

:borg:

glad to be of service! :hi5:

Two questions...

The lightmates look great and I like the remote switch...but how securely do they attach? I'm terrified of the adehesive coming loose and the livht breaking a statue.

Next, has anyone tried lighting the statues from the bottom of the shelf? Wondering if that would look more dramatic or just odd...and i don't have lights yet to try myself.

Thanks!

2 of mine come off. specifically the ones attached to the top of the detolf which is the "wood" surface. The ones attached to glass stick fine. If you are worried get the 3M exterior VHB doublesided tape and worry about how to ever get it off again :lol (VHB=very high bond)

I've been fortunate enough to not have any of the lights come off since I've had them. I did pushed and held them down hard for a while to make sure they stayed securely but I doubt that was the reason. As some have mentioned there are stronger tape options/brands you can try to use.

Back